My relationship with this establishment is much alike the Whitney Houston classic, "Didn't we almost have it all" ... with the emphasis on the word almost. The gorgeous foryer, incorporation of nature into the lobby and common areas of the hotel and proximity to Whaler's Village are reasons enough alone to belt out praise. However, my voice would crack come chorus time due to the rampant deferred maintenance (carpet, wall paper, plumbing, etc.). A couple key notes of annoyance include:
- lack of full use of the facilities due to certain pools and areas being reserved for activities despite paying a daily $30 resort fee. If $30 is paid, full access should be a given (moreover, the expensive room rate should warrant full access)
- Selective rule enforcement: sometimes you can bring a cooler to the pool and sometimes you can't... this is even more obvious when two people next to eachother bring a cooler and only one gets reprimanded. Differentiated treatment is not acceptable - either there is a rule and it is enforced or it isn't
- Dirty: the carpet and wallpaper are grungy and desperately needs to be replaced
The resort felt deserving of a $250 price point, not a $390 price point after almost $60 a day with taxes and fees included.
Overall, not a bad place but you can do much better for the price. If I could only follow the advice of Cher and "turn back time", I'd be singing a different tune now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina