My interactions and stay at The Westin Maui was very mixed.
Before arrival I communicated via email to a 'Concierge Specialist' (Joni). She was so helpful, friendly and made sure I had all the information I needed and even followed up with the Spa at the resort for my massage booking. Her customer service skills were very impressive.
Once we arrived at The Westin, we never again received that level of customer service from the staff we dealt with. Housekeeping would leave their trolleys directly in front of our doors from 8am through to after 4pm most days, arrive at our door around 5pm to clean the room and leave white fluff and dust in the room from their "cleaning". We learnt to keep away from and cut a wide path from the concierge desk or we would be incessantly harangued into viewing timeshare properties (which we learnt is common in Hawaii) or joining hotel program rewards - and don't be fooled by being asked to pick up your free gifts from the concierge desk because its a sales pitch. And during checkout I tried to organise a late arriving package for me to be forwarded to another address (and preparing labeling and details, plus prepaying full cost of postage) but to no avail. The girl at the desk just didn't want to help and was no where as helpful as Joni was. I was so frustrated by the lack of customer service and behaviour of staff by this stage I just checked out and left without a backwards glance.
The grounds were beautiful and the pools were great! Especially the adult only pool. There was constant noise though, whether from the numerous waterfalls, hundreds of finches or children though it couldn't be helped. Unfortunate that it drowned out the sound of the beach.
Make sure you are aware of the cost of the buffets before you eat and be sure to be hungry as they are highly priced. Breakfast for 2 people was $70 (not including the tip or taxes).
Also, I was aware of the resort fee and knew the total costs, but I do wish they included the whole cost for all taxes/resort fees and taxes on resort fees on their website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina