I stayed here for 4 nights in April 2013. The hotel lobby and pool areas are lovely. This was probably the most i have ever spent per night on a hotel room ($500 approx) and whilst the views were excellent ocean front the room itself showed wear and tear. The hotel is obviously aware of this given that they are in the process of renovating. There was ripped carpet and chunks taken out of the skirting board.
In addition the safe wasnt working and the bathroom was quite pokey due to poor design.
Overall our stay was pleasant. The food poolside was typical of food in the USA - unimaginative and slathered in cheese. I was not impressed by any of the food at all.
The whalers village next door has a lot of up market stores and there in an abc store (though more expensive than waikiki). There was a hula show one night that our 6 year old enjoyed watching.
The free shuttle bus to Lahaina came in handy as i had run out of books to read.
Overall the hotel is lovely but dont expect too much from the rooms as the ones that have yet to be renovated - show it. Wouldnt have hurt for the hotel to have acknowledged this - (i am sure they read the trip advisor reviews) and throw in a free breakfast or something.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina