We stayed at this property with a group of six couples for my hubby's work event. I had read the mixed reviews, but am happy to report that we didn't have any of the problems with rude staff. We were able to check in without delay, but it was a little confusing finding the right set of elevators to get to our room. Once we did find it, our room was a little dirty (coffee maker still had old water, mirror in bathroom wasn't clean). We called down to the front desk (already knowing that the place was completely booked), and they sent up a cleaning crew right away.
We had a lovely view over Whaler's Village and we could easily see the ocean (and whales), as well as the mountains. I was worried about the noise issue as reported by other reviewers, but honestly, we didn't have any problems. However... not everyone in our group had the same experience. One of our couples had a room on a lower floor... with a view of garbage cans. They did get a new room on a higher floor and were very happy. And the couple in our group who stayed across the hall from us had a problem with their room on the last three days of our trip... their bathroom smelled horribly of sewer gas. It wasn't like that at the beginning of the trip, and we did call several times to report it to the front desk (I also smelled the sewer gas while out by the pool on one of those days, as well, so I'm wondering if there was some issue).
As part of our group stay, we had breakfast every morning outside. The buffet was pretty good... nothing spectacular. I had oatmeal or a made-to-order omelet most mornings. I was hoping that they would have amazing fruit like when we stayed on Kauai two years ago, but it wasn't anything better than what we eat back home.
I read the warnings from the other reviewers about the pitch for the time share properties. We did get the card under our door to claim our free chocolates, so we were braced for a pitch... but instead, we simply got some lovely chocolate covered caramel macadamia nut candies (yum) and no one tried to sell us on anything. The concierge staff was very helpful and provided great maps when we did the Road to Hana. So that was a pleasant surprise.
After breakfast, we loved the hotel staff demonstrations... how to open a coconut with a stick, how to luau, etc. That was fantastic and the staff was lovely and very interactive with the guests. Our group also attended the luau at this hotel, and it was probably the best luau I've ever been to. The food there was better than expected, and the talent was top-notch!
I did go to the spa on one day to get my hair done. Our group package included a photo shoot by the hotel's photographer, and I wanted to have something other than frizzy hair.. ha. The gals at the salon were very sweet and attentitive, and my hair looked fabulous. The photographer was very timely and professional... but there was a lot of wind and she just seemed to be following a formula when taking our picture... stand here, do this, do that, and we're done. She didn't really keep an eye to see if the wind was doing funky things with our hair as she was taking the photos... so of the 20+ images she took, only three were salvagable.
The location of this venue was pretty far from Lahaina (not walking distance), but there was so much to do along the beach and in Whaler's Villiage. Great restaurants, beautiful views... it was a lovely experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina