We planned to spend four nights here and Westin is often our favorite hotel choice. However, we arrived after some wonderful and relaxing days in the Makena-Wailea area and this felt like walking into a Disney/family playground that was very crowded for our taste. We were constantly bumping into people around the pool and beach area...simply too many people for the grounds! And, they even have many rooms closed for renovations currently; cannot imagine when it is full!
The renovations are needed. This is one of the most worn Westin properties we have ever visited. Self-parking is also very difficult; there are not nearly enough spaces available.
Good news: the service was pretty good and the front desk was extremely understanding when we explained that the busy family scene just wasn't for us. They refunded us for the remainder nights and we checked out the next day to return to the Makena area for the duration of our trip.
If you have kids or like a lot of people around you may enjoy this location, but if you are looking for a restful Hawaiian experience, consider another choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali is located along a breathtaking stretch of the gorgeous, white-sand Ka'anapali Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina