My partner and I stayed for a long Thanksgiving vacation November 22, 2012 - November 28, 2012. Upon check in we were greated with shell leis and didn't have to wait but a few minutes for a check in agent. We were upgraded to the Beach Tower with an ocean view. The room was very large, so was the bathroom, with dual vanities. I assume this is a newer, upgraded tower because the room and goods in the room were very modern.
The pool area looked fun, but we didn't use it very often, as we prefer the beach. You can turn in towel keys for beach towels and take them for the day, as we enjoyed going to the quieter, secluded beaches, dozens within 20 minutes of the resort (head north on 30). We even rented snorkel gear for $15 per day and took this with us. The beach at the resort was very nice, and not crowded at all. The pools were way more crowded.
We dined at On'O and Tropica twice, as well as the Beach Bar. We had dinner at Sheraton as well and were able to charge this to our room. Whaler's Village is next door with several shops and restaurants to choose from. Lahaina is a short 5 - 10 minute drive south with several dining and shopping options on Front Street. Our favorite meal was at Merriman's in Kapalua...make reservations and make sure you're there for the sunset!
We also went to Wailele, the hotel's Luau. It was all you can eat and drink, well worth it with an awesome fire dance.
The staff was very friendly and all seemed like they were having fun while on the job. We can't wait to go back to The Westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina