This was our 3rd stay at the Westin Maui. We love the location on Kaanapali, the pool is the best, and generally the Westin brand is among my favorites.Don't get me wrong; this is still a very nice hotel and we will stay here again, but like other reviewers the rooms are showing their age. The renovations they have underway couldn't be completed soon enough, IMO. Just a few minor things that could push this hotel back to the high standards that Westin normally delivers on.
We had a deluxe ocean view room on the 7th floor. I believe this was an SPG Platinum upgrade. The rooms are bigger on this side of the hotel; however, I think next time I would want to face the pool or be on a higher floor, because there was a lot of noise in the parking lot below behind Whalers early in the morning. Delivery trucks backing up etc. Also, the giant tree just below our room was full of birds which at first seems nice but, not at 6am.
We had the breakfast buffet a couple of times and it was fine, but we actually spent one night at the Hyatt down the beach before arriving here, and thought theirs was better. More options, attentive staff clearing plates quickly, and just better food including fresh OJ (unlike the Westin, who would charge you $8.00/glass for fresh-squeezed OJ-we asked. ). I think they can step it up a little here.
Make sure you give every arriving guest a lei as I never received one. Not too tough.
We requested a late check-out and they said they could accommodate us, but only if we moved to a different room. We went ahead and checked out on time because why bother?
The good stuff here: the adult pool, the lava flows, the waterfall, birds, flamingos, and koi, the friendly staff, free access to the spa facilities if you are SPG Platinum, the yoga classes, and the location right in the middle of it all on Kaanapali in front of the best stretch of beach. That's why we'll stay here again. Just hope to see some polish applied by then.
Tip: Never pay for Valet parking-the self-park lot is a 2 minute walk from the entrance so not worth the extra $.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali is located along a breathtaking stretch of the gorgeous, white-sand Ka'anapali Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina