We received a mailer to stay at the hotel for discounted price as part of their timeshares promotional rate. It was indicated that there was no requirement to attend the presentation, so we figured why not. So, off we went...
We stayed for 6 days, 5 nights.
- The hotel itself is beautiful. The fountain especially is breathtaking. (I wouldn't get too closed to the flamingos though :/)
- Beautiful pools.
- Excellent customer service. Everyone was very nice and very accommodating.
- Very comfortable "heavenly" bed
- We were upgraded upon arrival, which was a very nice surprise.
- Excellent drinks. We lounged around the pools the whole time we were there and were not disappointed by their drink selections
- Location was convenient. We were closed enough to drive to Lahaina town. We walked to Whaler Village Mall, that's literaly next to the hotel
- The restaurant/bar by the pool had free nightly shows.
- You can sign up to a lot of different activities, especially for children, if that's important.
Things that can be improved:
- Again, the rate we got was part of their timeshare promotional, therefore, we were hounded by the timeshare lady as soon as we checked in. We just walked into our room, and our phone had started ringing. She informed us to stop by her desk for a $ 75 gift certificate that we could use towards anything at the resort. We told her we would stop by when we had a chance. Well, she called and called and called and called, and left at least two messages each day. She even dropped by our room a few times and left notes. Even though we knew what we were getting into before we booked this trip, this was still very annoying. My husband finally went to pick up this gift card she kept on referring to in her messages. Maybe we were just lucky, but she wasn't working then, and another lady gave us the gift card without giving us the sales pitch. We used the gift card towards our drinks :)
- The room itself was very small. We couldn't have both of our suitcases out in the room. We had to take turn opening our suitcases, which was a real pain.
- We had couple massage at the spa. While we were happy with our massages, I was a little disappointed by the facility. The woman side, at least, was very small. The whirlpool was also very small. I've been to a lot of spas, so perhaps I'm just a bit spoiled?? By the time we were done with our massages, we had about an hour and half left before closing and was told by our therapists to take our time and . I wasn't the only one left, but I sure felt like I was being rushed out. There was no drinking water left, for instance. The lady that was cleaning kept on walking back and forth and as she walked by, she'd look at her watch. I felt bad about staying in there, so I ended up rushing. I ended up waiting for my husband who got to enjoy the full spa experience for another 30 mins or so.
Generally, we were very happy with Westin Maui. We would most likely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina