My husband booked the westin via starwood points. We found the resort itself to be beautiful from the entryway leading to the common areas and the various pools. We did not have any probs finding poolside chairs at anytime during the days we spent there and it was not overly crowded. We stayed away from buying any food at the resort since there were so much great local fare to be had in the surrounding areas.
The room was fine. Nothing fancy, but the bed and the shower heads were exactly as named - heavenly. Housekeeping was friendly and they did an okay job. If you skip hk, you get vouchers you can redeem for starwood points. Since all they really do is turn down the bed, i recommend opting for the points. We had a bit of an ant prob, but we accepted that it was self inflicted and maintenance came up to spray the prob areas.
The resort fee is a bit of a joke - $25+tax/day for a couple bottles of water, slow wifi and free access to self parking. But we understand its a resort and it didnt take anything away from our experience.
Overall, i would def book the westin again for our future trips to maui, whether its a romantic getaway for two or a fam vacay.
Tell the bellmen youre checking in upon arrival to avoid $$$ valet and theyll open the gate for you.
Get a small car - parking spaces are super tiny everywhere and if you do road to hana, the smaller the car the better.
Yelp food in the surrounding areas (lahaina grill for elegant dining, gazebo in napili for yummy bfast, etc).
Snorkle/scuba/snuba with trilogy.
Old lahaina luau is totally worth the $$!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina