I have to remind myself that this is not a review for Maui, but rather a review for the Whaler. :) Maui is obviously amazing and would score off the charts if I could give the island a review. The Whaler proved to be a wonderful home base for my husband and I, as we explored the island of Maui. The service staff we encountered was always very friendly, the grounds were immaculate, and the pool was well tended. While the pool is small, my husband and I enjoyed the fact that it is literally right on the beach. We felt like our personal items were nice and safe in the enclosed area of the pool while we went in the ocean or down the path to lunch.
We stayed in 1170, which had an ocean view as well as a great view of the mountains. I thoroughly enjoyed the over-sized porch we had. After each daily adventure, it was nice to sit on the porch, watching the daylight hours wind down on one side and almost always a rainbow shining through the clouds on the other. Our room was a 1 bed, 2 bath condo. We rented directly from the owner as he is a family friend. The rooms were spacious, had all the supplies we needed, and very immaculate. I will say that the bathrooms and kitchen were a bit dated, but that did not affect the functionality in any way. Honestly, we spent most of our time outdoors, enjoying the island, so a little datedness did not bother us. We also appreciated the in-unit washer and dryer. I'm not sure if this is a feature all the units have.
We also felt that the Whaler provided a nice central location, not only on Kaanapali, but for everything else in Maui as well. We spent many nights in Lahaina or Kapalua, both of which are just a short drive down the highway. Getting to the airport and the Pa'ia area only took us 35 minutes.
Overall, Kaanapali beach is a great place to stay while in Maui and the Whaler is a great deal for such a prime location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. Please be advised of these changes to the daily resort fee at Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach. These changes will go into effect April 1, 2017. - Any new reservations booked for travel April 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017, will be subject to a resort fee of $17.00 plus tax per day. - On June 1, 2017, Daily Amenity Fee increases to $20. This applies to ALL reservations staying through these dates, regardless of when they booked the reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina