Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach
The Mauian Hotel on Napili Beach(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$239
$425
$339
Sheraton.com
$269
Official Website
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$289
$629
$325
getaroom.com
  • Beachfront
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,217 results
All reviewskaanapali beachblack rockhula grillshopping cartsocean viewtower facingfull kitchenunderground parkingabc storevillage shopping centerpremium roomconstruction noisestudio condopineapplekoi pondthrough vrbobedroom bath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently when we visited Hawaii. It was an excellent hotel. Excellent customer service. Nice views over looking Kaanapali beach. Near whaler village. Well kept room with kitchen. Only minor complaint was that we were charged for parking at checkout without being informed at check in and also charged for internet and printing in the reception area (we needed to print out vouchers for some of the activities we booked). Neither were a large sum of money but it came across as a bit cheap for large hotel to charge 7.50 for 15 mins internet. Otherwise had a great time and would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Expl0rer12345
Hal N, General Manager at Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Aloha,
I appreciate your kind words and recognition of our efforts. I have asked the front desk team to focus on providing all information about guest charges so our guests know what to expect. I agree with the impression about the cost for internet. We do provide complimentary boarding pass printing.

Come back soon.

Mahalo
Hal

Hal Nordblom
Aston Hotels and Resorts

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I really shouldn't say anything nice about the Whaler because it's getting harder and harder to reserve rooms there, even nine months in advance. Don't go there! It has everything you need, so where's the challenge!

Seriously though, against my better judgement, I love that place and wouldn't stay anywhere else. I love the fact that it's a condo which means you have a kitchen which means you have a choice about where to eat. I also love the fact that it's right next to Whaler's village, which is incredibly convenient. I just can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Now, don't go there!

P.S. Going back for my 4th time in February :)))

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Samta69

Aloha Nui,

Your review is fun to read. Running a successful program has many challenges including higher guest expectations; however, we love sharing your passion for the property. We love it here too. In the spirit of friendly communication, there is really only one place to stay and it is at the Whaler.

Mahalo
Hal

Hal Nordblom
Aston Hotels and Resorts

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I really don't think the location can be improved upon by even 1 inch.

I've been to Maui roughly 20 times in my life for work and pleasure. I have stayed at the Whaler on 6 of those occasions. This is the only property I have stayed at more than once.

Sometimes I really enjoy the luxury, and the really upper class treatment that you get expect and do get at other properties on Maui. When I go to Maui, I really just want to relax. I want to be casual, wear my swimsuit around, with a T-shirt. I don't want to be worried about being dressed up to resort wear standards of a collared shirt, and shorts to feel appropriate for the surroundings. Hawaii is laid back, and at the Whaler, it is still very nice, but I get to really feel laid back, and enjoy Hawaii for what it is.

Each time I have been to the Whaler, I have stayed for 2 weeks. I love waking up in the morning with wonderful views of Black Rock, and the Ocean. The smell of the Plumeria flowers, the ocean breeze, and the gorgeous Maui weather.

Again with the location, it's in a spot that generally gets better weather than many other parts of the Island, it's in the best spot on Kaanapali Beach, you can easily walk to the Sheraton or the Hyatt and see more, next to the shopping at the Whaler's Village. Great Golf discount at the Kaanapali courses, and a short drive to the best boogie boarding on Maui at Fleming. The snorkeling at Black Rock is one of the top 3 or 4 spots on the Island and is free if you have your own gear, or did an expensive rental for your whole trip. You can easily pick up food at the grocery, cook in the Condo, or use some really nice Community BBQ grills. Don't forget Tuesday Night at Leilani's has a great deal on their Ono Fish Taco's and some of the best desert with Kimo's Hula Pie, and it's a 1 minute walk from the Whaler.

I like this place so much, I just rented out the same unit for 2014, and 2015. Room 760 or any of them at location on floor 3 or higher (with the view, and layout) I think would give you a perfect 1 Bedroom 2 Bath luxury condo experience with great views.

I love this place, and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I would avoid ground floor, just to improve your view, but once you get up to floor 3 or higher you don't get that much more improvement. My last stay was in unit 760, that is my favorite. Great view, kitchen, room layout, and experience.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank mspreh
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed at the Whaler for a few nights on Maui and it was lovely. It is a great spot to relax and the little shopping complex was very handy. The rooms are spacious and very clean and the kitchen facilities were very good. A minor hiccup as we booked for 3 but our fisrt room only had one bed. After a little discussion we were then upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite and it was fantastic! It had all the bits and pieces you need. We really enjoyed staying here. Only problem is most of the activites are closer to the airport which is about 40 minutes drive away. But for general relaxing it is a lovely spot. Pool is nice but we didnt use it we relaxed on the beach everday under the dual cabanas you can hire. Staff were ok and on our trip we came across better service in other hotels we stayed in.

Room Tip: relaxing spot to do very little. nice apts. all views are good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank aussieale
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is ideal with the whaler right next door and you can get a bus for $2 to Lahaina. We only had 3 nights and no car so this was perfect for us. Its a great hotel with no catches ie. All the pool chair uses are free etc. I would have no hesitation on going back to this hotel. Great gem!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple