This hotel was a great choice. I went to Maui with my mother in November and we had some specific needs for our hotel choice ( lots of space/full kitchen/good location). The Whaler met all of them. This property has a very homey feel to it seeing as how it's also a condo and many call it home.
Its location is wonderful. Only about a half hour drive from the airport and right in the middle of "resort row" I like to call it. You are right beside Whalers village which is perfect for picking up little things you might need and some great food choices. There's excellent, higher end shopping and free shows at the mall pretty much every night. You're also right in the middle of a beach walk that'll take you all the way up Kaanapali beach.
The property itself is lovely, beautifully maintained and clean. The two towers are very well kept and quick elevators I might add.
We had room 419, a one bedroom suite with a FANTASTIC view of both the courtyard and the beach. It has a huge balcony with a lounger and multiple tables/chairs. The suite itself was very clean and well furnished. We loved having a full kitchen so we could prepare some of our own meals and save a little money.
Staff was very friendly although there was a concern. On two different occasions returning to the room and discovering my key didn't work, I headed for the front desk. Both employees (whom I had never interacted with before) just handed over a key without asking for ID or any information besides my room number. I work in a hotel and we have safety procedures around issuing new keys. I found it a little concerning that someone could potentially gain access to my room simply by asking for a key. It's a small thing but something that did bother me a little.
Lastly, it was great to have a little beach hut on the property where you can get beach umbrellas/loungers/chairs etc.. I was a little disappointed at how much it was just to rent a piece of equipment for a couple hours.
Overall though, great trip! Friendly staff, beautiful property and fantastic location! Would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. Please be advised of these changes to the daily resort fee at Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach. These changes will go into effect April 1, 2017. - Any new reservations booked for travel April 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017, will be subject to a resort fee of $17.00 plus tax per day. - On June 1, 2017, Daily Amenity Fee increases to $20. This applies to ALL reservations staying through these dates, regardless of when they booked the reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon, Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina