All of the Whaler units I could see have wall to wall, floor to ceiling windows which is great for hearing the ocean. Before going I read we should stay in Tower 1 to avoid noise from the Whaler mall and to get 6th floor or higher. I called and found they could only note it on the reservation but not guarantee it. We arrived to find we were in Tower 2, 3rd floor. I asked if we could get a room in Tower 1 close to the ocean. Rod was very nice and found #607 (1bd/2ba) for 2 nights and then we'd move to another unit. The unit was updated & nicely furnished with a comfortable bed. At home we have ceiling fans in all our rooms and asked if we could find a unit with fans. This unit didn't have fans but Rod found a fan for us to use.
On move day we saw #356 (1bd/1ba) Tower 2 (inside courtyard/3rd floor). It was nicely updated with living room fan but no bedroom fan. Shower and toilet were in a small, separate room from vanity area. The unit had a stereo & nice sized TV, but the breeze wasn't as good as Tower 1. We decided to look at a Tower 1 unit (1bd/2ba, inside courtyard/10th floor). It was updated and very classy, had bedroom and living room fans, comfortable bed, and met our needs for the rest of the trip. We liked the room so much we don't want to share the unit #. Hope to go back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. Please be advised of these changes to the daily resort fee at Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach. These changes will go into effect April 1, 2017. - Any new reservations booked for travel April 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017, will be subject to a resort fee of $17.00 plus tax per day. - On June 1, 2017, Daily Amenity Fee increases to $20. This applies to ALL reservations staying through these dates, regardless of when they booked the reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina