Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach
$360
$299
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$219
$386
$329
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$268
$257
getaroom.com
1,231 results
All reviewskaanapali beachblack rockhula grillshopping cartsocean viewtower facingfull kitchenunderground parkingabc storevillage shopping centerpremium roomconstruction noisestudio condopineapplekoi pondthrough vrbobedroom bath
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I love beach vacations! We chose the Whaler because Ka'anapali is a beautiful beach and the Whaler seemed to offer everything we were looking for at a reasonable price. We arrived late in the evening, so it was very dark. When we awoke in the morning, we expected to look out at the beautiful ocean view, for which we had paid, but instead looked upon a lovely grove of trees. Our room was on the 5th floor, and although we could see the ocean if we stepped out to the balcony rail, it was not the ocean view room we expected. I went to the front desk and asked if we could get a room with an ocean view. The front desk person, Becs, was amazing. She immediately found us another room, on the top floor, where we enjoyed a stunning view!

Our 12th floor room had a full kitchen with a Murphy bed, which was very comfortable. The furnishings were lovely and the room very clean. From start to finish, customer service at this hotel was amazing! I did call again on the second day because our room had not been made up by 4 PM and was asked if I wanted to set a time for our room to be done. The women with whom I spoke suggested 10 AM so our room was cleaned at 10 AM each day.

From start to finish, the Whaler on Ka'anapali exceeded our expectations. Right next door to the Whaler's Village and great shopping, restaurants, etc, the Whaler is a place to which we will return again and again! .

Room Tip: 1264 is amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at the Whaler in 2010 on a "wing-it" vacation with no advance reservations. We were extremely pleased with the value. When we decided to go back this summer, we knew we had a great, affordable option with The Whaler. It's a gated resort area with an underground parking garage and an activity center right by the beach that rents all sorts of gear to maximize your fun in the sun.

The rooms were clean, recently renovated and very affordable considering the location. The bathroom, shower and kitchen were all remodeled with new tile, granite and stainless steel appliances. Complimentary, high-speed, wireless internet access allowed us to research destinations at night and plan our following days.

The Whaler is located right in the midst of the best of Ka'anapali. You have the convenience of the shops and restaurants in the Whaler Village right next door and an amazing sunset view every night. A short walk up the beach and you can experience some of the best snorkeling at Black Rock. The pool, tennis courts and barbecue grills provide you with activities without ever leaving the property.

Just a short drive south and you have the historic Lahaina Town. Shops and restaurants line Front Street which is right along the water.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank John B
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is our second time staying at the Whaler. We were very pleased with room 516. The hotel/condo rooms are all a little different. I assume they are owned by individual people. Our room was a garden view in Tower 1. From the lanai you could see the ocean to the left. The rooms are just a tad old, but also have upgrades like granite countertops and new appliances. They have a nice homey feel to them. We traveled with a 6 month old and the Whaler supplied a fold up crib. The only thing we thought was odd was they gave us a king bed size sheet for the crib. The room had a king size bed, a couch, dining table, full kitchen, nice size walk in closet and bar with stools. There was a free safe all the kitchen utensils you would need. There was free Internet, but you had to pull the wire around the bed and set it on a nightstand to get it to work. Plus I had to call the IP provider to get it to work. The building had free WiFi as well, but we couldn’t get it to work anywhere in the hotel. Overall we really enjoyed our stay, the grounds are very nice with Plumeria trees and tropical plants. The pool is not huge or as fancy as a Sheraton or Hyatt, but it was never jam packed with people either. This property is more for families and older couples which was nice in our opinion. The parking lot is underground at $12 a day. It is nice since there are shopping carts in the garage so you can put your groceries etc… in them and make one trip to your room. When you pull out of the parking lot the gate attendants always give you a “Shaka” sign, AKA “Hang loose” on the mainland. We always get a kick out of that. The beach is beautiful and just steps out the door with the famous Black Rock just to the right of the Whaler. The Whaler is right next door to the Whaler’s Village shopping center which is great for shopping, ABC store, Mc Donald’s and more. Always fun to walk around there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank K W
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The whaler is located on Kaanapali beach. You will not be disappointed by the location. Our room was completely remodeled with granite counters and marble showers, flat screen tv's,and everything you needed to cook and enjoy life. Private lanai with two 10' sliding doors that opened up completely. The staff pays attention to detail, everything is kept in perfect order. Pool is warm but nothing special compared to neighboring resorts which you can swim at anyways, they can't tell. I booked through Costco and didn't know what to expect. I was treated like an owner by the staff. There was some construction noise on the next floor the last day I was there. I called the desk and it stopped. An owner told me all the condos are being upgraded to match the decor of the condo I was in. Gym was functional and washer and dryer unit on each floor was super clean machine. Kaanapali beach has perfect waves for swimming and the best snorkeling at Black Rock. Tons of fish and two resident sea turtles that were there every afternoon. No need to take a snorkeling tour when you can walk the 1000' to black rock. Best deal I found on Maui was happy hour 3-5pm at cheesburger in paradise with $3 Pina coladas. They cost about $11 at the hotel bars.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Vincent F
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had the best time at this hotel/condo. I was impressed how it was clean and liked that they had a kitchen with all the kitchen amnities like bowls, plates, pans and etc. if you stay here, you must try CJ's deli , great food with great price and we tried the round table pizza which was great also. I liked how it was close to the shopping and 10 min away from the grocery store. Also I had no idea what to do and glad that the concierge helped us. We did ziplining, snorkeling , and best part was watching the sunrise and bike Riding. It's nice to be on the oceanfront. If I return to Maui again, I would stay here and not spend extra on ritz or four season.

• Stayed: September 2012