Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach
The Mauian Hotel on Napili Beach(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$239
$265
$259
Official Website
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$266
$207
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$250
Cancelon
$499
Hotelpower.com
  • Beachfront
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,217 results
All reviewskaanapali beachblack rockhula grillshopping cartsocean viewtower facingfull kitchenunderground parkingabc storevillage shopping centerpremium roomconstruction noisestudio condopineapplekoi pondthrough vrbobedroom bath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Third time to Hawaii, second time to The Whaler, while ther is major construction on tower 2, we were given a condo in tower 1 on the top floor. Had a couple little problems, safe didn't work, tub was very slippery and needed a bath mat. All problems were taken care of right away. Will definately stay here again

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank snowmanmj
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The Whaler was just what I wanted, although I did not know it. It is great as much for what it isn't, as much as what it is.

I rented a studio condo unit from the owner for the second week of December, just before high season. Real value. It was spotless, with a great balcony view.

The first night was a treat. Arrived, easy check-in, walked left next door to the outdoor Hula Grill. Dinner at the edge of a lawn, a path, lush bushes, and the ocean right behind. Welcome!

It's only 100 yards from Black Rock, so if you like to snorkel, get up at sunrise (when the fish are having breakfast undisturbed and the tourists are snoring). And if you want, you can walk the path along the resorts from the Sheraton to the Hyatt, pop in, check them all out, check out the prices, and flee.

The Whaler has a nice, modest pool where people get together during the day. The guests and owners mostly (not all) are adults 50+, very friendly, welcome kids and grand kids, AOK. Very wide, clean, uncrowded beach. Near Lahaina. Lahaina: don't miss the Annabell comedy show--witty, funny, fresh, and with a baffling musical secret. A+. Honest!

What I especially liked is the Whaler is human size. It's not a big, fabu, look-at-me, institution. I felt at home. The landscaping is pretty, and adequate. It does not have a lot of facilities or add-ons. Laundry, fitness, plenty of parking underground, soft drinks, yes. Restaurant: no--so what? I wanted to tour and discover, who needs more? My Maui is "less is more". I love the air, the ocean, visiting with the sea creatures, the variety, discovery, the flowers. Lodging that is imposing is a distraction and gets in the way. It was just right for me. If you want to get knighted, and pay like a king, you won't be happy here. Nice touches, no pretense.

I wanted it on Ka'anapali Beach. The only other condo is the Al'li--nice but much more expensive, and the Ka'anapali Beach Hotel is a hotel. I liked saving money using the full kitchen and the outdoor BBQ, and the coffee for guests at the pool in the morning. Do stay off their internet, though--it's way too expensive.

I toured all the hotels on Ka'anapali, north of the Sheraton to Kapalua and the Ritz, Lahaina, Kehei, and the Wailea resorts. I would come back here before the others. I liked it. I'm just a regular guy, with Southern efficiency and Northern charm. The Whaler: nice, lovely site and location, and nice people. That's good enough for me.

Room Tip: Rent from an owner with lots of good reviews if you can. Get 3rd floor or above, as close to ocean as you can and ocean view, balcony. Construction should be done by now. Make sure recently renovated.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank LittleBiffOne
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I allways enjoy my visit to the Whaler as a multiple repeat guest. The staff is excellent many have been there ten years or longer. This last trip the property was under construction but dont let that bother you. When your in the room you dont here any of the construction noise its very minor construction and not a major room renovation. Just FYI the property plans to have the construction done by Feb the 28th. I would highley recommend this property to anyone its truely a great value.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JT H
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Stayed recently on an anniversary/birthday vacation. Having lived in the area in the past we were very familiar with the area and knew the location was great. The condo matched the location and was very clean and comfortable - would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Scotthib
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Where do I begin? Paradise. The first thing you notice when you walk in the condo is the view. The entire oceanfront and view of black rock is amazing. We spent more time on the lanai than any other place. Go around the corner and there are views of the mountains! The condo itself is so luxurious and well appointed. The beds comfortable, the sound of the surf makes one so relaxed...Getting to know how to turn on all the lights is a bit tricky, but if this is all I can say in a the remotely negative vein, shame on me! Every detail of this condo has been thought out and the decor is just beautiful. The location is within walking distance of Whaler's village and all the Resort hotels in the area. We stopped by Costco before we went to the condo, and to be honest, I never wanted to leave. Having the washer/dryer was so helpful. The bathrooms were so beautiful...I could go on and on. We will return and stay only here. Thank you JaNell and Simon!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family