My family of four (me, my husband, and two daughters) rented #205 for six nights through VRBO in Dec. 2008. We were blown away the moment we walked through the door of this beautiful condo! I will do my best to describe the unit, the complex, and the location of this stunning home.
Puunoa Beach Estates is a small, upscale complex located just north of Front Street, Lahaina. With only ten units, this complex offers peace and quiet with the convenience of being centrally located. It sits right on Baby Beach within walking distance of the harbor and shops in old Lahaina town. The location of this unit is what first attracted us when we looked into staying there. However, we rarely ventured from the condo and the beach because we were so content with our surroundings.
Our unit was huge (over 2000 sq. ft.) and was the size of a regular house. Our daughters each had their own bedrooms and shared a balcony, while my husband and I enjoyed a master suite with a separate lanai. The unit was completely updated with granite countertops and new tile floors. The furniture looked new as well, and a flat screen TV and docking station were located in the living room.
Each time we entered the condo, we were greeted with a sweeping view of the ocean. The master bedroom, off to the left of the foyer, had a large entry that opened to reveal sliding doors overlooking the ocean. In the same view, the living room visually connected to provide a sweeping view with larger glass doors and windows. The view was absolutely breathtaking.
Sitting on the huge main lanai (three in all), we enjoyed the view of Lahaina harbor. The sunrises were incredible. The sunsets over the island of Lanai were gorgeous as well. Because it was Christmastime, we observed decorated ships with lights shining almost every night.
We enjoyed the pool area every day. We never encountered another swimmer there during our entire stay. (In fact, we saw no other tenants at the complex our first two days!) We utilized the barbeque grills by the pool and just felt like we were in our own personal paradise with the caretakers occasionally peeking their heads out to give a friendly aloha.
We had a hard time leaving this unit. We ended up splitting our stay at two locations because the owners come to stay at Christmas. However, because this was such an incredible place, we will again pack and move locales just to have the opportunity to reside at Puunoa for the first portion of our vacation this December!
The other units in this complex are rented out for about twice as much as this owner rents through VRBO! We feel so fortunate to have secured a stay there this December as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The expansive two bedroom and two bedroom/loft air-conditioned oceanfront townhomes range from 1,700 to 2,100 square feet in size. As you enter the elegant etched glass doorway, you will find that no two townhomes are alike. Each has its own distinct personality, with professionally selected furnishings, decorated with rich wood accents and works of local artisans, creating an elegant, relaxed but refined island atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Puunoa Beach Estates reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puunoa Beach Estates Hotel Lahaina
- Puunoa Beach Estates Maui/Lahaina