Napili Kai Beach Resort
$576
$479
$299
$219
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$219
Hyatt.com
$407
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$268
$257
getaroom.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewshouse restaurantpuna pointpuna iiputting greenbeachfront studiohigh riseold hawaiitwo storiesocean frontair conditioningpupuspineapple grillcoastal trailmai tai partybeautiful beachwelcome homefull kitchen
Reviewed September 3, 2007

We stayed in a one bedroom Ocean Front Condo. The view was out of this world, but if you want to be closer to the bathing beach, you may wish to choose an ocean view room. The rooms are well maintained and cleaning service is available on a daily basis (they do not clean your kitchen area). The snorkeling at the beach is great and it is a wonderful resort for families with children. My 7 year old daughter loved the beach (calm surf), the putting greens and the snorkeling. The resort has snorkeling gear, but I would recommend going to Snorkel Bob's ( they also have boogie boards for rent).The Napili Kai Market is a short drive (less than 5 minutes) and was a frequent stop for food and beverages. There is also a restaurant and snack bar located on the grounds. I have no hesitations in recommending this resort.

Stayed: August 2007
8  Thank Bapdgm
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Terrific place! Avoid the large chain hotels in Kaanapoli Bay and come here instead and discover the real Maui experience. Nice clean suites in two story buildings with views overlooking the most tranquil bay in Maui. Warm friendly staff with morning coffee service in the lobby, traditional 10:00am pineapple and lemonade, anbd weekly Mai Tai cocktail parties. Excellent restaurant where you can enjoy fine dining and watch the sunset over the bay. You won't find cruise ships, motor boats in the bay (it is forbidden) so don't come here to for luxuries pampering. However, if you love nature, and want to discover the natural beauty of Maui, this is your place. We stopped by the Sheraton black rock for snorkeling, and this place has it beat hands down. Saw the Hyatt, and couldn't wait to escape the wall to wall masses of people crammed around the pool and narrow beach.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
12  Thank familyoffour50
Reviewed August 6, 2007

My wife and son and I met my parents here for a late Feb early March trip. I've been to Napili Kai twice before but several years ago. I was very happy to find the property exactly as I remember it, wonderfully taken care of and a perfect beach to relax on or snorkel.

The staff are all very friendly and very accomodating to all our requests. The food at the Sea House was good although the drinks were not very good with one exception - the Mai Tais are absolutely fantastic! Definitely one of my favorite parts of this hotel is the fact that every morning around 10:00 they have fresh cut up pineapple (and juice and coffee but i only had the pineapple) under a tent by the beach, they also demonstrate making crafts and typically give one or several items away with a drawing. My only complaint would be that it seems like the prices are starting to get too high, but that can be said about any place.

The snorkeling was perfect except the last couple days where the winds shifted and the water was just too choppy for snorkeling. The rest of the days I went out and saw jumping dolphins, several sea turtles, and tons of fish.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank clearh20snorkel
Reviewed July 18, 2007

What a wonderful week! I needed a week away from a very stressful job so our travel agent recommended Napili Kai. I'm not a Hawaii girl (prefer laid back Mexico) and generally don't repeat vacation destinations but I'm sold on this spot and will return again. Why? It was the perfect balance of relaxation and activity. I love to run, swim, etc and the beach allows for running (although not a long distance) and swimming- I swam the bay every morning. It's also close to Kapalua which offers great walking/running. The condos were perfectly appointed with all you would need to cook. The Lanai has a great view of the ocean and the restaurant was excellent.
There is an 18 hole putting green which my husband and I frequented, shuffle board, and the hotel does a great job of doing a couple of mixers throughout the week. We don't have kids and tend to stay away from the water slide madness- I have to say there was a nice mix but we were glad to depart the day school got out. The staff is friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable, the beach wonderful, and a fantastic spot.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Soggy_Portlander
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We have been going there for 30 years. we have traveled all over the golbe. Nothing beats the napili kai for warmth and kindness
from all the employes. you just unwind in the unhurried way of life. If you have kids and need time away from them, they have poeple to take them on the beach or a movie.
All of our friends how we have recommened the hotel to have also come back many times. We go at the same time each year.
Our children have made frieds of the families that come at the
same time each year. Now there children have made new friends too.
This is just like going to heaven. The bay has very little wave so swimming is easy.
This year a pod of dolphine came into the bay and stay all day just swimming around all of us.
Happy vacationer from Los Angeles