Napili Kai Beach Resort
$451
$379
Hyatt.com
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$396
$692
Priceline
$359
Hotelpower.com
All reviewshouse restaurantpuna pointpuna iiputting greenbeachfront studiohigh riseold hawaiitwo storiesocean frontair conditioningpupuspineapple grillcoastal trailmai tai partybeautiful beachlow keywelcome home
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Great location! We stayed in the Puna II building that was newly renovated. Couldn't have asked for a nicer room. The location was perfect. 2nd floor ocean front with the best view! What really makes this a special place are the incredible staff. They truly do make you feel like family and you are "home". The first thing they say to you at check-in is "Welcome home". When we return, we will only stay at Napili Kai Beach Resort!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drago76
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Excellence with the true Hawaiian graciousness of Maui. I have never received such incredable customer service, the food was outstanding, and my room was grand. I love the Nalili Kai and when I come back to Maui I will only stay there.

1  Thank Cowboylarry13
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Location is the best on Napili Bay. We were in the Lanai building, ocean view studio with a great view overlooking the bay. There was no A/C in our room (some buildings do have it). If we didn't get such a great price, this could have been a huge problem. Although the tradewinds were blowing, it was not in our direction so the nights were warm in the room. The room was also a bit dated. It seemed the kitchen had been updated, but the bedroom was not. We would have been upset if we paid some of the standard rates shown on their website. But, with the great deal we had - we couldn't complain. Good mai tai's at the bar in the afternoon from Paul. Went to the Gazebo everyday for our mac nut pancakes - if you show up around 12:45pm you can get right in - no wait (only open until 2pm). Tip: the Kapalua shuttle will pick you up and take you to Sansei, Pineapple Grill, Ritz Carlton restaurants - just have the front desk give them a call. Worked out great. Napili Kai does have a hospitality suite if you have a late flight. They let you use it for 1 hour, it does have a shower so you can get cleaned up before the airport. If you leave enough time you can catch your last meal at the Paia Fish Market - great!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandy_bottoms
Reviewed May 23, 2010

It's worth noting that this place was originally called the Napili Kai Beach Club, and later renamed to "Beach Resort" due to confusion about who it was available to. It really is a low-key, very quiet group of rooms. No building is over two stories tall, so look elsewhere for you skyscraper fans.

There's tons of reviews here already, so I'll limit mine to things I haven't yet seen or disagree with.

We stayed in a Keaka room, with air conditioning, while my girlfriend's parents stayed in another building which did not. I'm not sure about the necessity of it, though - we used it to dry out the air of the room much more than cool it down, as it reached about 70F each night. It wasn't a huge deal when we were in the other room. If you're from a much cooler climate, you may want it, but I hail from Southern California, where temperatures can reach well above the usual 85F found here.

It should also be mentioned that the Keaka room I stayed in was much larger than a standard hotel room - the lanai was huge, bathroom was similarly huge with separate jacuzzi tub and shower, and the king bed didn't take up nearly all the space in the room. The bed was two twins pushed together, which reminded me of a cruise ship bed - not hugely thick or pillow-topped, but there was a box spring, and it was plenty comfortable. I've had hotel beds much worse.

I laughed when I saw others complaining about the resort rules. Really, they're common courtesy, and not difficult to follow. Want proof? Here they are, summarized: don't hang bathing suits and towels over lanai railings (they'd probably blow away anyway), don't put grease or bones down the garbage disposals, only use the resort BBQs - not your own, don't remove pool furniture, age restrictions on the hot tub - nobody under 16 after sunset (adult swim? Heck yeah), quiet hours 10p-8a, no pets, don't touch the coral reef, don't store bikes/etc in hallways, no fireworks, don't shortcut through [meticulously maintained & beautiful] shrubbery, and don't take home rocks/sand/coral. That's it.

In exchange for following those simple rules, things like towel service, sporting equipment (croquet, bocce, putters & balls, snorkel gear) are free of charge, which was a pleasant surprise.

If I could change one thing, this geek would like to have an ethernet cable that was 10' longer so that it reached out to the lanai. Seriously, the one time I didn't bring an cable with coupler, I wanted it. Oh well, that's hardly a complaint. Other geeks may be interested to know that the bandwidth appears to be 1mpbs/384kbps per person, which is horrible on the mainland, but reasonable if you look up the cost and bandwidth available to island residents.

I don't really know whether it's a decent value or not, as I got it as part of a air/hotel/car combo from Costco. If I do my math properly, and guesstimate on the value of the car and airfare, I'd say we paid about $1600 for 8 nights. Sounds reasonable, though I can't compare to other resorts.

It's calm, it's quiet, and I'm not looking forward to going home in a few days.

5  Thank BTGeekboy
Reviewed May 22, 2010

This is old Hawaii at it's finest. Low rise buildings, and wonderful location on it's own private bay over looking Lanai and Molikai. Doesn't get any better. Stay 2 weeks and go home in a state of total relaxation.

2  Thank GeeDub411