All reviews house restaurant puna point puna ii putting green beachfront studio high rise old hawaii two stories air conditioning ocean front pupus pineapple grill coastal trail mai tai party low key full kitchen beautiful beach
Reviewed June 30, 2017

We have stayed in the Napili Kai Beach Resort in the past, but haven't been back for several years due to just being too busy. My son graduated this year and we decided to come back. It was just as beautiful as we remember, and the kids were seeing it through new eyes, being older now. The grounds are wonderful and safe, and the views are unbeatable. The staff are beyond friendly and you can feel the aloha everywhere. It's far enough from the busy crowds, but close enough to shopping if you need something.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with ocean views and you'll be pleased.
Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

This place was perfect! Beautiful location but a smaller resort. I didn't want a huge place where it would take me days to find my way around and I got my wish. We had a lovely ocean view looking out over the ocean path. We just expected a king room, but got a suite with one bedroom, a full kitchen and a living room with two pull out sofas. Two bathrooms and a lanai.
There is only one restaurant and a pool snack bar. Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had dinner there once and it was very good. Ate breakfast there 3 times and it was always good. The sweet potato frittata was excellent!
Complimentary coffee in lobby every morning, but they also kept us supplied with coffee for the coffeemaker in our room.
Complimentary beach towels, chairs and snorkeling equipment, no fins though, for some reason.
Snorkeling is not bad on either side of the bay. Middle part the water is a bit too rough. The kids seemed to love it but water is a bit rough for very small children. Lots of boogie boarding.
The Kapalua trail starts right at the end of the resort and is about a 3 mile round trip walk along some beautiful scenic ocean vistas. Trail is a bit rough in spots, but we are in our 60's and had on flip flops and we managed it. Trail also leads down to a few different beaches along the way.
Resort might be somewhat quiet for some, as the only bar is in the restaurant and it closed at 9 I believe. There seemed to be a lot of families.
I would definitely stay there again, no question about it!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaisyK07
Reviewed June 25, 2017

Very nice beach resort in Napili Kai. Steps away from beach. We enjoyed it so much everyday spending few hours on the beach and pool during our week long vacation. Although it's aged, but well maintenance. Every morning, I saw a lot of people cleaning and maintaining the pool, the lawn and the beach. Although we didn't stay at the ocean view room, the green garden view I am still satisfied. One issue that I had was the room we stayed at has a connecting door. My husband and I are light sleeper. We could hear our neighbor talking, slamming cabinet doors and laughing, as well as walking and flushing toilet upstairs. My room door is facing right outside of parking. The noises from parking all sleek through in my room. The noises bothered us a bit. But I was glad that most people stay here rest early. The noises normally ended before 11pm.

Room Tip: Room 143 is a garden view room with no kitchen, but has a/c.
Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

Most beautiful view from our room in Puna Point. Our first visit to Napili Kai was in 1999 and we were immediately in love with this place! Just returned home after our 4th time staying here and it did not disappoint. Can't wait to come back!!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2017

I have been to Napili Kai 3 times and now it is the only place I would stay in Maui. The location is perfect - about 5 to 10 degrees cooler than Lahaina and Kaanapali. Beautiful bay and snorkeling just a few steps from our room.
The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are always spotless.
I recommend rooms in the Keaka or Puna buildings. The rooms are a little bigger, the views are great and the air conditioning is a must.
Only thing I don't like is the concierge service offered. I never felt like I was getting good information or prices.

Room Tip: Puna or Keaka rooms are best - bigger and air conditioning