“Superb!!”

Napili Kai Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Have just spent 7 nights at the Napili Kai Beach Resort. First ever trip to Maui & based on our stay it won't be our last.

We booked this resort purely based on the previous reviews on Trip Advisor & we were not disappointed, We had an ocean view room in the Aloha Wing which had superb views over the lovely beach.

Snorkelled off the beach every day & saw lots of fish & turtles so very close to shore.

All the staff are very friendly & nothing is too much trouble. We participated in the Tuesday afternoon putting party which is great fun & gives you a chance to meet other guests.....50c drinks a bargain!!!

Ate at the Sea House Restaurant one night - superb meal & service.

Laundry supplies free washing powder - a nice touch & very rare these days.

Only minor criticism - and I believe this is not the fault of resort management - I booked 2 treatments at the Massage place on-site. The first appointment had to be rescheduled as for some reason the original time was not available (despite me being advised that it was free). This treatment was superb - a lovely massage by Rose. I then made a follow up appointment for a facial 2 days later - however when I arrived for that appointment, the therapist had not arrived so I could not have my facial. The staff apologised & offered a massage instead - but I'd already had a massage & I could not reschedule as we were leaving next day. I understand mix-ups occur - but the 2 events combined make me feel that their appointment scheduling/management needs a little "fine tuning".

We would definately come back to this resort.

2  Thank JenniG
There are newer reviews for Napili Kai Beach Resort

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We booked this hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and were not disappointed.

The grounds are immaculate, the rooms spacious and clean, the restaurant was awesome, beach and pool were great. Little events at 10am on the beach and socials in the evening were a nice touch. The location was very nice, not too far from anything About 45 minutes to an hour from the airport depending on traffic.

The view from our room was of the beach, the pool and the putting green. Morning and evening scenic view was amazing. Sun coming up in bright colors, sun setting in vivid deep hues. For as many people as there were staying there, it was extremely quiet.

Scenery from the beach was picture perfect. A walk down the beach took you to another resort with a great little breakfast place (get there early and wait in line, worth it!). The beach at that resort was a little rocky, but breathtaking.

The entire staff was helpful and friendly. Front desk helped to pick out places for dinner. Great suggestions where to stop. Even arranged a taxi service when we went to the luau (Ask for Kimmy for a private car service, she was great and very familiar with the area).

Downfall of the hotel is that the beach is not private. Anyone from the resorts in the area (and there are quite a few) are welcome to the beach as well as locals. Makes for a crowded, very short patch of sand for the guests to enjoy.

Since it is not a private beach the parking lots tend to fill up quickly. Even though parking is reserved for guests and you need a parking pass, it doesn't seem to be enforced. Several times were came back to a full parking lot and searching for a place to leave our car.

We had a little glitch regarding our check out, but the manager was quick to make it right and then some.

All in all we were very pleased with the resort, the amenities and the staff. We would stay there again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We feel so lucky to have stayed at this fantastic resort. This was our first trip to Maui and we are convinced the location, staff, and quality of our accomodations were exceptional. The resort is beachfront and also has three pools to choose from. We stayed for 1 week in October 2013 and there were days when we had activities planned and decided we would rather sun on our own sandy beach and snorkel right beyond our patio! We were so satisfied with our location that we only headed into Lahaina twice. The Seahouse, Gazebo and Pineapple Grill were within a 5 minute walk from our room. The Kapalua Trail was 3 mins from our room and gorgeous! We were on our honeymoon and enjoyed the atmosphere and blend of cultural, family, and adult activities the resort staff offered. We will recommend this resort unequivocally. Had this not been our first time to Maui, I would likely have rated Napili Kai at "Excellent".

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank charbytravels
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We spent a week at the Napili Kai Beach Resort. We chose it because it looked Hawaiian as opposed to a hotel which could be plucked out of any resort location. Our room was beautiful and kept so clean. What impressed us even more than our room was the wonderful staff and all of the extras. From the moment we arrived the staff was welcoming and informative. They were efficient and so friendly. They were very sweet since we were celebrating our anniversary. There were also opportunities to meet and mingle with other guests, learn something about Hawaiian culture, and just have fun. We appreciated being able to get snorkels and coolers right at the resort for no charge. It was a wonderfully relaxing environment. Kimberly certainly was the hostess with the mostest.

Room Tip: We loved having a room with a kitchen. It made our trip much more relaxing.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were fortunate to be able to discover this piece of heaven in Hawaii! We stayed there 8 nights, and had the best 35th anniversary ever! CLEAN, comfortable, amazing resort! As the others have said the beach, views, and the people that work there are wonderful, and so acommadating!!! FANTASTIC!! So many fun things to do at this resort! I even had a hole in one during our putt, putt golf tournament! I brought my own pillow and would not of had to, there's many different ones to choose from... on top of that wonderful bed! Of course the" SEA HORSE " restaurant is on site, Amazing Menu! Amazing Food!! Many wonderful breakfasts, lunches, happy hours, and dinners all available there. No need to go anywhere, if you don't want to! Thanks to all there for a wonderful, wonderful vacation! WE WILL BE BACK!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lhmothergoose
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was my first trip to Maui and I have to say that I am in love and would def go back!! When I first started looking around for where we would stay - I wanted to be in the Kaanapali area, but when my husband found this place, and we found a bit of a special deal, we went for it. I am so happy we did! We got there around 3:00 and check in was quick and easy. This place had me right at check in!! What an amazing view of the bay/beach right when you walk in!! We were in a studio (my husband and I) right in the same building as the front desk - I think it was the Aloha building...? second floor with an amazing view of the ocean. The studio was really roomy and the bed was King sized and super comfortable. The kitchen had everything we needed to make our breakfast in the morning (never did get around to making lunches or dinners) and we would eat out on the lanai and enjoy the views and the birds that liked to come by for a visit. One morning a boat tour cruised by and we noticed something jumping out of the water around the boat and the paddle boarders lucky enough to be out there... it was dolphins!! Probably about 30 or so of them following the boat jumping out and showing off for everyone. It was amazing! Kinda wished I was out there on a paddle board!! :)

I didn't make any use of the pools as the beach there is just AMAZING and we spent a lot of time there at our own beach. Snorkeling was pretty good and they provide you with the masks with no extra charges which is nice (although no fins....) My husband actually was out there and a HUGE turtle swam by him...He followed it for a bit with the underwater camera so I got to see him too :) The hotel provides floaties for the water and I loved grabbing a noodle and floating in the waves. Sunsets were AMAZING!

The only thing I didn't like about our unit was the tiny ants that were around. I was assuming that they would be around all units as with the kitchens and all these units being low rise... I don't know, maybe the people before us were really messy? I know we were meticulous in cleaning up everything to avoid ants...but they always seemed to be around. I hate ants.....but they really were TINY and so didn't seem as bad.

I also really appreciated that they didn't have any of the extra charges. No "resort fees" no parking fees and I really loved the free wifi in the rooms. It helped me to post all my amazing view pictures to my family right away! :)

You can't go wrong with this resort. It really was AMAZING :)

ps. I will try to post some pics later.

Room Tip: Get the oceanview!! It really is nice to be able to sit out on the lanai and enjoy it from your room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jaxse
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were at Napili Kai Beach Resort for a week and it was fabulous. We were in the Honolua area of the resort and our room was very modern, well appointed, comfortable bed and furniture, and had A/C. The room was quiet except for the sounds of dishes being washed each morning in the room next door. The front desk went way out of their way to be helpful at all times of the day and night. The restaurant had tasty food and beautiful views. We had fun at the events at the resort as well, like the Mai Tai party and the Slack Key guitar concert. We enjoyed walking the trails and there were plenty of things to do at the beach. We would definitely do Napili Kai again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Montage Kapalua Bay
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#19 of 32 in Lahaina
Andaz Maui At Wailea

Been to Napili Kai Beach Resort? Share your experiences!