“Best hotel on Maui”

Napili Kai Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I can't say enough great things about this resort. It offers that Hawaiian relaxed feeling that you just don't get at other "mega" resorts. We stayed in Lani II, floor 1, and had beautiful ocean views. The room had been recently rennovated and was beautiful....new bedding, cabinets, granite counters, full stocked kitchen. We did not have air conditioning and NEVER needed it in spite of being there during one of the warmest months of the year. The ceiling fan was beyond sufficient. Napili Bay is so stunning and peaceful to wake up with, sipping coffee on the lanai watching the sunrise. The resort offers putt putt golf, a weekly mai tai party, complimentary coffee, pineapple, etc. in the morning...the list goes on. They also let us check out late and offered the hospitality room since we had a late night red-eye departing flight back to the mainland. The attached restaurant, The Sea House is also incredible with excellent breakfast and Happy Hour!

Room Tip: Ask for a rennovated room. Puna II has the best ocean views in my opinion and if you can afford it...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Laulena
There are newer reviews for Napili Kai Beach Resort

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Napili Kai Beach Resort! It is honestly the place that I go to in my mind, when I am having a rough day....and it is the place that my husband and I go to whenever we go to Maui! Napili Kai is set on a crescent-shaped bay that is so picturesque any time of day! We have stayed in several different room categories and buildings, and we have loved each one. The Sea House Restaurant is where we always begin our vacation, sitting at the bar, staring at the ocean, sipping one of their great Mai Tai's! The food at the Sea House is so yummy, we have always had a good meal there. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, you cannot go wrong! The Kahlua Pork is the best! One time that we went, we got a package that included breakfast vouchers for each day! I was in heaven, trying a new Hawaiian specialty each morning! Macademia Nut Pancakes?! Awesome!
It is the "go-to" place for the best snorkling, laying out on the sand, playing a little "golf" on their green, watching the torch lighting each night, and falling in love all over again!
There are kitchens or kitchenettes in each room, so you can buy food at the local market and have a meal on your balcony at sunset, or pack a picnic. As I mentioned in my other reviews, I am a travel agent, and I send so many clients to this property, with most of them returning year after year! You are away from the crowds here, but among some very cool company! Love, love, love Napili Kai Beach Resort!

Room Tip: There are many types of rooms here....call your travel agent! She will help you figure it out!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was our second stay at Napili Kai and it was a perfect getaway for a family of four.

First, my kids love Auntie who runs the beach shack. They also look forward to the 10am "pineapple party" as my kids call it. It's a daily demonstration of Hawaiian/Pacific islander culture like traditional food, arts and crafts, etc.

The beach is AMAZING! We were there in August, and the water was always calm that my husband and my 6 year old son went paddle boarding everyday. My son spotted some eels and turtles (and lots of fish) during their outings, so no need to go anywhere else to snorkel.

The rooms are spacious and I believe all rooms in the resort has ocean view. During our first stay, we stayed in Keaka 1, which was conveniently located - short walk to the beach, main pool and restaurant. The room however has not been renovated yet, so it was quite dated. On our second visit, we stayed at Puna Point, which was renovated but quite a trek. We did have a small pool right in front of our room so we didn't have to walk far if the kids wanted pool time.

The restaurant is fine - my hubby and I enjoyed the happy hour pupus. The kids ate for free, which means we ate there A LOT!

However, the best part about our stay were workers - our room was always clean, the grounds well maintained and the pool area was constantly tidied-up.

This is probably my go-to place in Maui.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rhea B
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Theres nothing better than sleeping in a comfortable bed! The room was pleasantly comfortable enough to call it home. Furnishings were up to date and kitchen was well stocked. Price was high for the amount of time we spent there but a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Pick a newly renovated room. I heard the older rooms were OLD also, there are some rooms without air...
5  Thank ladyjane2
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We didn't stay at Napili Kai Beach Resort this time, but we truly enjoyed our lunch on the patio on the ocean. Napili Bay is small and intimate, and being able to wander down to the Sea House for lunch is special. Two of us had the "catch of the day" blackened fish wrap, our friend had the pulled pork sandwich, and we were all pleased. Fast service, no pressure to clear the table, an idyllic and relaxing lunch.

1  Thank 8Peter
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I really have only good things to say about my whole five night stay at Napili Kai. From check-in to check-out nothing but a great experience. I am not a high maintenance guest, I expect a clean and well maintained property as well as a clean and comfortable bed, other than that everything is a bonus. Great location in a more laid back area, no high-rise buildings and right on a fairly secluded bay with a great sandy beach, not many rocks on the beach at all. Buildings and rooms were spotless with great tropical landscaping. The room was in one of the Keaka buildings, not the most updated rooms but clean as could be.

I had two maintenance issues, broken ceiling fan and toliet handle, both were fixed real quick. We left the kids at home for this trip and I noticed mostly couples at the resort with just a family or two.

After sunset the place is pretty much desserted except for the Sea House Restaurant, so if you want peace and quiet you get it after sunset, during the daylight hours it is quiet as well just more people walking around going to the beach. In the end if you want a relaxed and laid back atmosphere you will experience it.

I was hesitant to book this resort just becasue it wasn't a big name hotel or resort but I was not dissapointed. The reason I choose it was becasue of the Trip Advisor reviews, the reviews were pretty much spot on and helped with my decision.

Room Tip: The rooms in the three Keaka buildings are the only ones with A/C so if you think you may want it ma...
2  Thank DJN24
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Napili Bay is one of my favorite coves on Maui. It's crescent shaped sand beach, has a view to the west, framed by Molokai and Lanai. At the sheltered North end of the beach, you'll find the Napili Kai beach resort and the Sea House Restaurant.m
The Sea House restaurant serves happy hour 'til 5 pm serving fabulous local & fresh happy hour small plates along with reduced prices for beer, wine & cocktails. Eat at the outdoor tables or the bar facing the ocean. Seared Ahi and Chopped Saled excellent choices.
Perfect plase to be at sunset.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ready29
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Montage Kapalua Bay
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#18 of 32 in Lahaina
Andaz Maui At Wailea

Been to Napili Kai Beach Resort? Share your experiences!