Napili Kai Beach Resort
Hyatt.com
$389
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$280
$498
$459
Westin.com
  • Pool
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
$242
Cancelon
$709
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
All reviewshouse restaurantpuna pointpuna iiputting greenbeachfront studiohigh riseold hawaiitwo storiesocean frontair conditioningpupuspineapple grillcoastal trailmai tai partybeautiful beachlow keywelcome home
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We didn't stay at Napili Kai Beach Resort this time, but we truly enjoyed our lunch on the patio on the ocean. Napili Bay is small and intimate, and being able to wander down to the Sea House for lunch is special. Two of us had the "catch of the day" blackened fish wrap, our friend had the pulled pork sandwich, and we were all pleased. Fast service, no pressure to clear the table, an idyllic and relaxing lunch.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 8Peter
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I really have only good things to say about my whole five night stay at Napili Kai. From check-in to check-out nothing but a great experience. I am not a high maintenance guest, I expect a clean and well maintained property as well as a clean and comfortable bed, other than that everything is a bonus. Great location in a more laid back area, no high-rise buildings and right on a fairly secluded bay with a great sandy beach, not many rocks on the beach at all. Buildings and rooms were spotless with great tropical landscaping. The room was in one of the Keaka buildings, not the most updated rooms but clean as could be.

I had two maintenance issues, broken ceiling fan and toliet handle, both were fixed real quick. We left the kids at home for this trip and I noticed mostly couples at the resort with just a family or two.

After sunset the place is pretty much desserted except for the Sea House Restaurant, so if you want peace and quiet you get it after sunset, during the daylight hours it is quiet as well just more people walking around going to the beach. In the end if you want a relaxed and laid back atmosphere you will experience it.

I was hesitant to book this resort just becasue it wasn't a big name hotel or resort but I was not dissapointed. The reason I choose it was becasue of the Trip Advisor reviews, the reviews were pretty much spot on and helped with my decision.

Room Tip: The rooms in the three Keaka buildings are the only ones with A/C so if you think you may want it make sure you get your room in one of these buildings. Also, the parking spaces are very tight so if you get a standard size car or larger it will be tight getting out of the car without hitting the car next to you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DJN24
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Napili Bay is one of my favorite coves on Maui. It's crescent shaped sand beach, has a view to the west, framed by Molokai and Lanai. At the sheltered North end of the beach, you'll find the Napili Kai beach resort and the Sea House Restaurant.m
The Sea House restaurant serves happy hour 'til 5 pm serving fabulous local & fresh happy hour small plates along with reduced prices for beer, wine & cocktails. Eat at the outdoor tables or the bar facing the ocean. Seared Ahi and Chopped Saled excellent choices.
Perfect plase to be at sunset.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ready29
Reviewed January 18, 2013

What an awesome property! Nestled along Napili Bay with access to an almost private beach. No high-rises here! there's an old world charm to this place which is how we prefer....unfettered by modernity and quaint! We were pleasantly surprised when we were given an upgrade from an oceanview studio to an oceanfront one bedroom unit at PunaPoint, one of their newly renovated units. What a beautiful unit with unobstructed views of the bay! This gesture alone by Napili Kai deserves a 5 star rating from us but we would still have given high marks and equally enjoyed staying in an oceanview studio had it been assigned.

And the oportunity it provides to snorkel and catch some amazing sights of life under water! Did it every day for the 5 days we stayed there and its still not enough!

We'll certainly stay here when we come back and recommend that you do too, if you are in the process of deciding where you'll stay. You cant go wrong with this beach resort! Nice staff too....Both front-desk and cleaning!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EnjoyTravelling_kb
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Well. I have two sides to my feelings about this hotel! First, the good stuff, which would normally warrant an "excellent" from me. Much to my surprise, the food at the one and only restaurant is superb.(I am in the gourmet food business, and very, very picky. ) I ate 4 breakfasts 2 lunches, 3 dinners and had 3 happy hours at the Sea House. Never had the same thing twice and every single thing I had was excellent. Creative, fresh, local and delicious. It's always a good sign when locals frequent a hotel restaurant. Happy hour was packed with locals every day for the great drinks and excellent pupu.
The beach is quite nice, in a small protected bay, brimming with sea life including lots of turtles! Saw whales while rating breakfast every day.
The staff are lovely, old school polite yet warm and friendly.
Downsides? Minor, but enough to lower my overall score.
Pools are silly and tiny. Perhaps this is because the beach is quite great? I have never in my life been to a hotel that does not have bathrooms by the pools. Alas, this is the case. You either go to your room or to the restaurant bathrooms that require a special key. Very weird!
Next, the actual rooms. Conjure up 1979, which I would rather not do thank you. My room was HUGE, unasked they upgraded me to a suite with a full kitchen. Old, fusty and very dated. I could have slept 6 in my bathroom but it was OLD!!!
I will go back to the good side.
Free wifi in the rooms (surprising) and the Slack Key Guitar show on Wednesdays. Not to be missed, a state treasure, literally. Some of the biggest names in Hawaiian music play there every week.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo