As we travelled to Maui for our honeymoon, we did a lot of research to find the perfect accomodation on the island. Based on previous Tripadvisor reviews, we decided to book 4 nights at The Mauian.
The area (Napili Bay) was an excellent choice, however we were deceived by The Mauian. It was actually the first time we ever checked out of a hotel earlier than we planned.
- We were suprised that for 260 USD/ night there was no one to welcome us when we arrived at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. But it was ot a big deal, as we picked up our keys hanged next to the reception desk and found our room
- The place feels like an average condo, and as the two buildings are facing each other everyone looks at everyone (we could actually see into most of the rooms).
- The biggest problem was the extremely this walls through which we could hear each and every word our neighbours were saying. There were "quiet hours" specified in the welcome pack (10 pm - 7 am), which made us feel like in a dorm, and stressed us if we didn't manage to sleep at 10, only at midnight, we would be woken up at 7 am the next morning. Additionally, unfortunately our neighbours did not respect the quiet hours and went on talking until late at night while others woke us up at 6. When we tried to sleep back later in the morning (when everyone was on the beach) we were woken up by housekeeping personnel shouting at each other from one room to the other. It was unfortunately impossible to get a good rest in this hotel.
- The personnel in general was not really nice (eg. the lady at breakfast)
- Breakfast was extremely basic (well, at least included for 260 usd/ night)
In the hotel's defense, the garden was beautiful and our room was clean and nicely furnished. We ended up checking out after 2 nights, and we appreacted that the receptionist allowed this. We checked into the neighbouring Napili Kai, where for the same amount of money (slightly less actually) we got a very spacious true ocean-looking very calm room.
We did not regret leaving the Mauian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of Maui's most beautiful beaches on Napili Bay, this hotel offers a peaceful escape with a variety of activities and friendly services. The Mauian Hotel features quiet guestrooms without phones, stereos or TVs. For technological amenities, guests can visit the Ohana Room to watch TV or use free wireless internet access. In the morning, guests will enjoy a free continental breakfast, then can play on one of the oceanfront shuffleboard courts. Championship golf and tennis is available at the adjacent Kapalua Resort. The area surrounding the Mauian is also filled with hiking, water sports and shopping opportunities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Mauian Hotel on Napili Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mauian Hotel
- The Mauian Hotel On Napili Beach Maui/Lahaina