“Great stay in unit 720”

Ranked #27 of 41 Specialty Lodging in Lahaina
Vancouver, Canada
“Great stay in unit 720”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

This is an older complex-if you are looking for resort ammenities, keep looking. If great value in convenient Honokowai interests you, then give it a chance.

I rented 720 for my mother and mother in law while visiting for my wedding. We used VRBO, and the pictures and description were accurate. Heather was polite, prompt and helpful. The unit was clean, beautifully updated, cozy and quiet. Michael was helpful while we were there, quickly replacing a Broken TV.

The location in Honokowai is convenient to farmers market, times supermarket, the park and much more. The beach is mot great there, but the fish, crabs turtles on the triple reef are, and great beaches are not far.

720 loses 1 star in my rating because i feel the caretakers could have been more forthcoming with a second key, instructions left as per property regulations (no one wants to come back from an evening of fun to find a chastising note on the door because they left the air conditioner on) and instructions should be left for a surprisingly complicated shower faucet.

Otherwise, I highly recommend this unit.

Mahalo

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Laurel S S

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sierra Madre, California
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were so pleased in every way! The condo was so well stocked with all we might need. Loved the terrific snorkels and masks, the great stash of spices (dried and fresh), towels, soaps, cutlery, any and all cooking utensils, the "Best Of" guides. And your remodel/updating was really nice. So comfortable. We can't thank you enough for opening up your vacation home for us to enjoy. So much so that it's possibly planted the seed of us looking for a place in Maui Sands of our own! Merely a wish at this point.

The boys are ready to make it an annual trek. Our nine year old has even offered to save his allowance ($3 a week) to help make it happen. It's the thought that counts.

MAHALO many times over!

Room Tip: We were in Unit 4B which is right on the ocean and was wonderful. Location-wise, I really don't...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cooper t t
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed in unit 5A, the ocean was literally right out our back door. It was awesome waking up to the sound of the ocean every morning. The unit was ok, it did its job seems we were out most of the time. It was clean and spacious as we had 4 adults and one child in our group. I would recommend this unit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rachel C
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This property is awesome and it exceeded our expectations!
I’m a travel agent (have been for 10+ years) and consider myself very picky. I looked at tons of condos to rent before I decided on this one.
Not only did the condo look exactly like the pictures ,they have thought of every detail. Every detail!
Ryan was a joy to work with and emailed me right back with any questions I had.
Rarely do I ever stay at the same place (because I like to mix it up and stay where I have not stayed before) .
But I will for sure be booking this property again, and again (anytime I travel to Maui).
I would highly recommend this condo to any of my client’s, friends, and family.
Thank you Ryan for the use of your lovely condo we had an amazing time and the location could not be more perfect.
I’m already missing it – wish I could be back there now!

Shaunna from Redmond, WA

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank shaunna12345
Irvine, California
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Aloha, I have stayed at this condo from 8/18/12 for 5 nights with my parents and sister. I had a wonderful stay and wants to share my review with other travelers.

After arriving at the property, I initially thought this was a nice little two story condo complex, but nothing too luxurious. However, after entering our condo I was amazed by the amenities inside. The first thing I noticed was the state of the art entertainment system. The 55 inch LG 3d TV and the five speaker Sony surround system with IPod dock capability were superb. The detailed instructions in the guide book made everything very easy to use. Next, the kitchen appliances were all very modern and up to date. It was just a very nice kitchen overall. Finally we get to the patio and the spectacular views of the ocean. The sunsets from the condo were quite picturesque. The ocean in front of the condo was a little nice spot for snorkeling and you were able to see many different kinds of fish. The property owner was nice enough to provide 4 snorkeling masks as well. In closing, I felt he has thought of everything to provide my family and I a very comfortable stay in this condo. I would highly recommend it to anybody who is looking for a place to stay on the west side of Maui. I know this will be the only place I ever stay at whenever I return to Maui!

Room Tip: It's on a ground floor; if you leave the window open at night, you can hear the ocean...very soo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank OCSurfer12
Irvine, California
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I were staying at Maui Sands, Unit 4B, for 5 nights from 8/18/12 to 8/23/12. We had a wonderful stay at this property and definitely would recommend this property to our family and friends. The owner is very helpful and professional; he also cares deeply about the environment. The description of this unit on VRBO website is very accurate. Maui Sands is a two-story building and this unit is on the ground level with two bedrooms and 1.5 bath. This condo is clean and modern yet charming. It's fully furnished with the best equipments especially the entertainment center. My college age children think the condo is very cool and one of the kinds. We really enjoyed the ocean front and view from the lanai. Personally, I felt relaxing and peaceful when looking out to the ocean every morning and when returning to the condo in the evening to watch the amazing sunset. We have been to Maui three times; by far, this was the best trip. It's because our children are older now but also because this condo was so comfortable. Ryan, thank you for providing a wonderful place for our vacation and hopefully it'll still be the same for our next visit. D Cao & T Nguyen.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dwork2vacation
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at Maui Sands 5C for a week in July 2012. The condo has two decent bedrooms, a good size family room and a nice kitchen. The back patio is only a few feet from the ocean wall so you have a great view and can listen to the waves at night, but there is no real beach access. There is an ocean wall with a 10' drop to some rocks so I would be weary of letting small kids play much. There is a double reef outside the unit which makes for some really good snorkeling. We swam (accidently) up on three huge turtles while snorkeling one afternoon. I also had a great time just wading in the water with my kids and searching for shells and loose coral.

There are plenty of low key dining options within a short walk, but if you want something nicer you have to drive. There are no resort style amenities but we really liked being able to go do an activity for half the day then kick back at the condo and maybe go snorkeling in the afternoon.

We didn't have any need to interact with the property owner, except to say that they were accomidating with our request for a late departure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family