We spent 5 nights at the HoF and had a pleasant stay. We were warmly welcomed by our host - absolutely loving people!
The HoF is a large and beautiful house with a beautiful poolside in a decent neighborhood. The HoF reopened a couple of months ago and here and there is still some refurbishment in progress, yet not to be bothered about. The room was en suite, the smallest one in the house yet absolutely fine for 2 people and clean. We were able to borrow beach towels, bodyboards, snorkeling gear etc. The breakfast prepared by the ,,house mother'' every morning was very delicious and varied every day (even saw whales from the balcony). We also enjoyed the daily ,,happy hour" with well made (strong!) cocktails.
The next best place to go shopping, dine and take a stroll at the promenade is the beautiful whaler city Lahaina (a wee bit touristic, about 15-20 min. to walk, you can also take the bus).
All in all, the price-value ratio is good compared to other places on the expensive island of maui.I warmly recommend the HoF, especially to travellers that want to enjoy a familiar atmosphere, a delicious breakfast and go for daily tours (we had a rental car) or simply hang out at the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The House of Fountains is a small, soothing and tranquil Bed and Breakfast offering five luxurious suites just minutes from historic Lahaina Town, nestled up against a cane field and overlooking the ocean and surrounding islands. Awaken your senses with fresh Hawaiian coffee and a resplendent breakfast of organic tropical fruit, home made breads (gluten free too!) And juices on our lanai, prepared by our live-in chef. The House of Fountains is just blocks from the radiant beaches of Wahi Kuli, so you may want to have a swim before sightseeing. Or stay and swim in our beautiful salt water pool, and relax by one of our calming fountains, waterfalls or koi pond. Free parking in our private lot. All rooms come with A/C and tropical ceiling fans, wifi, mini 'fridges with complimentary bottled water, TVs and a large DVD selection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets so you can book your House of Fountains Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- House Of Fountains b&b
- House Of Fountains Hotel Lahaina
- House Of Fountains Bed And Breakfast Maui/Lahaina