My husband and I stayed here for three nights and really enjoyed it. You have to understand going in that it's an old building, but full of charm. There is no parking, so they give you a pass for a public parking lot, not really a problem, you can drop your bags off then go and park. Check in was easy and the staff on reception were friendly. We stayed in room 29 which overlooks the banyan tree, the rooms are pretty basic, but clean and the bed was pretty comfy! You will get to know your neighbors if you are all sitting on the balcony, which was sort of fun, everyone was very chatty while sitting having coffee or a cocktail.
We stayed over a weekend, and yes the music is loud, unfortunately the hotel has absolutely no control over it, the bar is across the street. The air conditioner was pretty loud, so if you put it on it will drown out the music! Not ideal, but it worked fine - and trust me, I'm one of those peeps that doesn't like to be near the elevator or ice machine at a hotel!!
I did spend some time by the pool - it was quiet, sat and read my book in peace, it's not somewhere you would go to for the pool, so maybe that is why it was so quiet, but a nice place to relax for a while at the end of the day.
We did eat breakfast at the restaurant - loved the macadamia pancakes, and it was fun to sit and watch all the activity at the pier.
Overall I was "pleasantly surprised" the location cannot be beat if you want to stay "in the heart" of downtown, and being able to sit and listen to the birds in the banyan tree, in my PJ's was a treat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit historic Lahaina, treat yourself to the hospitatlity of Hawaii's plantation era while enjoying all the comfort and convenience of the Best Western Pioneer Inn. Although the exterior faithfully preserves this historical hotel, inside and around the grounds, visitors will enjoy up to date accomodations and facilities. Guests are surrounded by constant reminders of Hawaii's special beauty and will find the Inn's staff as warm and hospitable as a gentle island tradewind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Best Western, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Pioneer Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pioneer Hotel Lahaina
- Best Western Lahaina
- Lahaina Best Western
- Best Western Pioneer Inn Maui/Lahaina