I really enjoyed 2 nights at the end of my trip here at the Pioneer Inn. It is a historic building so you should know that going in; just 2 stories and no fancy elevators and such. Yes, the floors were a bit creaky, but the furnishings had a nice, historic touch and so it felt like you were transported back in time a bit. I really loved the feel of being in a historic place and it was nice to be right there in the middle of Lahaina Town and not have to worry about driving home. You could easily roll out of bed and right down to the harbor for any sunrise boat trips as well. Really, I would love to come back. The balconies didn't really have much privacy (OK, well really, there's no privacy whatsoever), which is unusual, but whatever. Just know that ahead of time and you should be fine. My room overlooked the courtyard so no noise problems that some have complained of from Front Street, but I've been down on Front Street at night and in my opinion, it's not THAT noisy at night anyway. I've been in places with some severe noise problems and Lahaina is not one of them. As always, it's all about perspective and what kinds of experiences you've had and what your expectations are going in. If you're looking for resort-beach-Maui experience then go to Ka'anapali. If you want to experience the convenience of being in Lahaina Town and a unique flavor to a hotel, then spend a few nights here. A nice additional touch were the locking screen doors (in addition to a solid door) leading out to the lanai so you could leave it open at night. I happen to crave the ambient sounds at night and that might be why I didn't perceive any noise problems. I'll surely be back to this hotel again; I really liked my stay here a lot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you visit historic Lahaina, treat yourself to the hospitatlity of Hawaii's plantation era while enjoying all the comfort and convenience of the Best Western Pioneer Inn. Although the exterior faithfully preserves this historical hotel, inside and around the grounds, visitors will enjoy up to date accomodations and facilities. Guests are surrounded by constant reminders of Hawaii's special beauty and will find the Inn's staff as warm and hospitable as a gentle island tradewind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Best Western, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Pioneer Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pioneer Hotel Lahaina
- Best Western Lahaina
- Lahaina Best Western
- Best Western Pioneer Inn Maui/Lahaina