“Enjoyable snorkeling”

$73.50*
and up
Teralani Sunset Maui Cocktail Sail
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted #1 BEST WATER ACTIVITY for 2011, 2012 & 2013 by the Maui News Readers Poll, TERALANI SAILING ADVENTURES offers the ultimate in luxury sailing,snorkeling,whale watching and sunset excursions along Maui's scenic west coast.Our immaculate,spacious 65 ft. Catamarans offer the convenience of boarding directly from Ka'anapali Beach. Simply walk on board and let the fun begin!Enjoy the spectacular vistas of West Maui while cruising to one of Maui's world famous fish preserves. Gear up with high quality snorkel and flotation gear.Discover the pristine underwater world of Maui. Explore the tropical reefs teaming with exotic fish. Learn snorkeling tips from our water experts. Swim with Hawaii's giant green sea turtles. During whale season (Dec.15 Thru Apr.15)Experience the wonder of Maui's largest visitors, the Humpback whale. With decades of experience our crews quickly and safely allow our guests to experience them up-close. Learn about these amazing mammals from our marine naturalists.Savor our delicious food and endless beverages from our award winning caterer. Dine al fresco enjoying the tropical breezes and sunshine or settle into our spacious,shaded,open-air cabin. The choice is yours!Along the way, keep an eye out for pods of dancing dolphins and flying fish! Witness the most beautiful sunsets in the world aboard the TERALANI .Sail on a golden sea, sway with the tropical breezes and share the romance with your loved ones! Enjoy the pampering of our helpful and friendly crew.Make memories that will last a lifetime. Experience the adventure aboard the TERALANI!(TERALANI SAILING ADVENTURES is a family-owned, and operated business.)
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Ottawa, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Enjoyable snorkeling”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We decided to try the SNUBA as well as the snorkeling, and as we were first timers, the dive master had us snorkel first. This was very helpful, and we were both amazed at how much we could see & enjoy just snorkeling. The dive master then accompanied us for SNUBA outing, which let us get closer to the coral, fish and turtles, and see things not possible by snorkel. I was surprised that despite ears that are very sensitive to altitude changes, I was able to follow the dive master down without much difficulty at all.

However, the second location was a disappointment after the rich flora and fauna of the first; I would have been happier if they'd just stayed put and let us explore the first location longer. Given the SNUBA is only at the first location, and we only did half of the time, it may not have been the best value-- although we don't regret it. In fact, my husband felt that this tour was the highlight of our trip to Maui.

The food's burgers, hot dogs, and the like-- nothing fancy, but it went down very well. When I booked, I'd indicated that I needed gluten free fare; unfortunately, that wasn't checked until I had them call at the start of the meal. The burgers were fine, but I did get a bit of attitude from one of the staff after lunch. (I just played along, but wasn't impressed-- this isn't fashion, it's avoiding three days of excruciating pain). But another staff member suggested that we take a doggy bag of leftovers, which was a HUGE help for us as we were flying out that night and I can't eat anything in airports or on the plane. (Their burgers worked better than the food we'd bought).

We were lucky that it wasn't a full cruise, so there was plenty of room for everyone in the cabin for lunch, and up on deck. It was breezy, which made it very pleasant. We enjoyed the sailing back, and the crew were very nice, offering to get fresh drinks. The cruise features an open bar, so is probably not as good value for those of us who only want a drink or two. But even moderate drinkers will appreciate it!

Note that when you meet the boat in the morning, if you're there ahead of time, it'll be a wait. And you won't be sure if you're in the right place. Eventually a staff member will come along and take your information. Once you're on the boat, though, it's run quite efficiently.

Bring a credit card with you. The SNUBA is optional, as is purchase of a DVD (it seemed rather expensive, so we didn't buy it), rental of a waterproof camera (as first timers, we wanted to focus on the experience-- it was a wise decision, but I'm sure we'll take pictures in future snorkel/SNUBA excursions!). They also sell t-shirts etc. I actually bought one because they had a V-neck option that was very tasteful.

Helena, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dinner cruise”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Nice dinner cruise Captian Pam was great &the little gal making her special drinks did a great job!!!!!! also got to see a few sea turtles

Visited November 2011
“Great snorkeling trip”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went snorkeling at Slaughterhouse and Honalua Bay and it was fantastic. The crew is very friendly and helpful. We saw sea turtles and all kinds of fish and reef. Snorkeling is a must-do in Maui, and this is a great place to do it through!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun in the sun”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We purchased the premier snorkel cruise through Costco. This was well worth it. Because of large swells on the molokini side we sailed and snorkel end to the enchanted island of Lanai. It was so windless over in the Lanai waters the crew claimed it to be lake Lanai. The viisibility was so clear you just looked down from the boat to see the untouched coral and turtles. We had our 9 yo daughter so this was perfect for her first snorkel trip. The lunch was AWESOME! BBQ burgers, colossal franks, and BBQ chicken so everyone's tastes were served. The blast was ok. Costco sweet breads and such. We will def be back. Crew was very friendly and knowledgable. They even liked my husband's s scary guy Metallica tattoo,

Bellevue, Washington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice cruise but a little disappointed in food and dining area”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I wanted to take my fiancé on a romantic dinner cruise and after reading all the reviews here and the info on their site I booked the Teralani Sunset Sail. I was particularly sold by the description of the boat as a "luxury catamaran", hoping it would be set up nicely for dining. Unfortunately when we got aboard it turned out that the dining area (below decks) was just a bunch of fiberglass benches molded into the body of the catamaran and tables bolted to the decks. Nothing "luxury" about them. The part that really bothered me was when we went down below at first to get the briefing about the trip, there wasn't enough seating for everyone at a table (about 1/4 of the seats had no table at all, just a bench along the wall). People were pretty tightly packed even at that point so it was obvious we weren't going to be eating at a table. Later when we did eat, the food came out in foil serving pans and you dished up buffet style from the top of the bar (where they were serving drinks as well). The food was fine, nothing special, and not overly warm but it was fine for what it was. Again, didn't quite live up to the "luxury" description or the food to the description on Teralani's site "gourmet dinner by award winning chef Paris Nabavi on board our spacious luxury catamaran." I'm no expert on gourmet dining but this didn't seem any better than the chicken, fish, rice, ... I could get anywhere else and as I said there was nothing "spacious" or "luxury" about the boat. So if you are looking for a romantic dinner cruise or fine dining, this isn't the cruise for you.

All that said, this wasn't a terrible experience. When we arrived at the beach meeting point there was a sign saying to wait for the crew but no one from Teralani there to greet us. Eventually a young woman showed up and got all the paperwork taken care of. Our shoes were collected up (you board on the beach and your feet/legs will get wet) in bins. We had to wait a fair amount of time on the hot beach until the catamaran pulled up to board us. Not sure why we had to wait since the meet time was 3:00PM and it was well past that before they finally pulled up. Seemed like it was more for their convenience than ours.

Boarding was easy and we set off quickly after the briefing below decks. We headed up north to the Kapalua area and the scenery was as you would expect gorgeous. They motor up the coast and between that and the wind, it was very windy on the top deck. Not too unexpected but it made drinking your drink hard (our champagne literally blew out of the plastic cups). The bar was open and a good one with many choices. The crew was very friendly and helpful, no problem there. We eventually got to a sheltered cove at Kapalua where we had dinner and watched some of the locals dive off the cliffs for a while.

On the way back, they sailed rather than motored and the wind was less of an issue for being above decks. Definitely the star of the trip was the sunset and you can get some great pictures on the way back.

Overall the trip was fine but I would say don't expect luxury or a lot of romantic moments. You are on a big boat with a lot of people, some drinking a lot and noisy and the dining isn't much better than a picnic. The scenery and crew are very good so if that is what you care about, this is a good trip for you. If you are looking for a romantic cruise with your SO, probably not.

2 Thank XboxMeister