“Genuine food with great service”

Pad Thai Restaurant Maui
Ranked #141 of 275 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I searched and searched to find this tiny little restaurant tucked away inside The Wharf, all the way in back on the right side when you walk in from Front street. Not much to look at with decor, but that holds true for most Chinese/Thai/Korean places I've been. We were greeted by the most kindly mother figure I've ever met. She bent over backwards to take care of everything we needed and make sure we were happy with our food. Speaking of food, the red curry and pad thai were excellent with generous helping of each. Very genuine food and humble service. I would eat here every night if I lived on Maui.

1  Thank Mike B

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Two sisters run this place and have a loyal clientele of locals. The food is fantastic and is reasonably priced. It deserves all the accolades it is given.

1  Thank zipzak
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

The food was good and I've been to many Thai restaurants. You have to bring your own alcohol so drinks are reasonable. The restaurant decor is old and cheaply done.

1  Thank Nicole1000
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Great hole in the wall! The red curry as a little hot we ordered mild, but the flavor was great! The pad thia was wonderful loved the crushed peanuts on top!

1  Thank meyeag10
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I love Thai food, so I was excited when I discovered a Thai restaurant was within walking distance of the property we were staying. This was one of the cases when we should've ventured out farther away from the property to find better Thai food.

When we arrived, there was only one table of three there. The girl at the counter was on the computer and we didn't get our order taken for about 5 minutes after we sat down. When she finally took our order, we waited for almost an hour and half for our food! We ordered spring rolls, Pad Thai, green curry.

The only other table in the restaurant only ordered two dishes. We still ended up waiting for an hour and half for an appetizer and two entrees. The portion was decent, but they might as well have given us small portions because I only took a couple of bites.

The food was awful! Everything was microwaved, the noodle was cold and stuck together in a big ball of noodle-y mess, the green curry did not have any curry flavoring and it was also cold in the center. So much for warm, freshly cooked food.

Our beverages were never refilled and we then had to wait to get our check. We ended up leaving cash to cover the food and minimal tip and left. Maybe the chef was out that day, but we didn't return to test out that theory.

1  Thank TammyG111