“Good Thai food”

Pad Thai Restaurant Maui
Ranked #127 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Good Thai food”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

The food was good and I've been to many Thai restaurants. You have to bring your own alcohol so drinks are reasonable. The restaurant decor is old and cheaply done.

1 Thank Nicole1000

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Great hole in the wall! The red curry as a little hot we ordered mild, but the flavor was great! The pad thia was wonderful loved the crushed peanuts on top!

1 Thank meyeag10
San Francisco, California
“If you like Lean Cuisine's version of Thai food...”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I love Thai food, so I was excited when I discovered a Thai restaurant was within walking distance of the property we were staying. This was one of the cases when we should've ventured out farther away from the property to find better Thai food.

When we arrived, there was only one table of three there. The girl at the counter was on the computer and we didn't get our order taken for about 5 minutes after we sat down. When she finally took our order, we waited for almost an hour and half for our food! We ordered spring rolls, Pad Thai, green curry.

The only other table in the restaurant only ordered two dishes. We still ended up waiting for an hour and half for an appetizer and two entrees. The portion was decent, but they might as well have given us small portions because I only took a couple of bites.

The food was awful! Everything was microwaved, the noodle was cold and stuck together in a big ball of noodle-y mess, the green curry did not have any curry flavoring and it was also cold in the center. So much for warm, freshly cooked food.

Our beverages were never refilled and we then had to wait to get our check. We ended up leaving cash to cover the food and minimal tip and left. Maybe the chef was out that day, but we didn't return to test out that theory.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank TammyG111
Camarillo, California
“Excellent change of pace”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Some of the greatest Thai food I have ever had. Try the red curry - amazing.
Small restaurant in an outdoor mall, but my wife and I made the trip out just to try this place and it was perfect!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank EK1050
Private
“Healthy and Delicious!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

While traveling, locating healthy choices is a challenge! Often I am glad airlines don't charge extra fees for passenger weight increase on return flights. Pad Thai was a "why not?" choice that turned out to be perfect for me. I don't normally eat Thai food, so that was a welcomed travel experience. Also, I am always looking for healthy meals with lots of vegetables at a reasonable price.

I am a huge fan of Mom and Pop "hole in the wall" places. I have discovered the most fantastic authentic dishes at give away prices. Pad Thai is not a "hole in the wall", but it is definitely Mom and Pop. If you are looking for a pricey multi-course experience this is definitely not for you. However, if you have a had a lovely day touring and want to have a good meal without taking out a loan, then stop here.

I appreciated the little touches about the place. The water was so clean tasting and refreshing. Rarely am I served water that doesn't taste like pool water or some other chemical. Initially, I found the portions a bit small for the price; however, once I was back in my room I realized the size was just perfect. I didn't have a place for leftovers anyway. I was satisfied without feeling sick or heavy. Perfect for me. Also, they offer a Thai performance certain evenings of the week.

Give them a try!