“Healthy and Delicious!”

Dining options: Reservations
Private
“Healthy and Delicious!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

While traveling, locating healthy choices is a challenge! Often I am glad airlines don't charge extra fees for passenger weight increase on return flights. Pad Thai was a "why not?" choice that turned out to be perfect for me. I don't normally eat Thai food, so that was a welcomed travel experience. Also, I am always looking for healthy meals with lots of vegetables at a reasonable price.

I am a huge fan of Mom and Pop "hole in the wall" places. I have discovered the most fantastic authentic dishes at give away prices. Pad Thai is not a "hole in the wall", but it is definitely Mom and Pop. If you are looking for a pricey multi-course experience this is definitely not for you. However, if you have a had a lovely day touring and want to have a good meal without taking out a loan, then stop here.

I appreciated the little touches about the place. The water was so clean tasting and refreshing. Rarely am I served water that doesn't taste like pool water or some other chemical. Initially, I found the portions a bit small for the price; however, once I was back in my room I realized the size was just perfect. I didn't have a place for leftovers anyway. I was satisfied without feeling sick or heavy. Perfect for me. Also, they offer a Thai performance certain evenings of the week.

Give them a try!

1 Thank CuriousTrvl

• Korean first
Scottsdale, AZ
“A Gem of a Restaurant”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was in Lahaina in late June 2012 We were in the Wharf Center on Front street and decided to have lunch there.

This is a small space, filled with very good smells from the kitchen. Despite the small size the menu is quite large and it was difficult to choose from the many great dishes there. I chose the Tom Ka Gai and an order of spring rolls. My wife went for the Pad Thai with chicken.

Both of our meals were excellent, well-presented and perfectly flavorful. Prices are modest and the restaurant is clean, neat and tidy. The staff is attentive without being overanxious.

All in all a very pleasant meal.

This is a definite "keeper"!

1 Thank ChrisP47
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Small but loaded with flavor”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have lunch with a friend when I have time. This petite restaurant has excellent Thai dishes with the usual selections but a few new ones also. It is off of Front Street hidden in the Foodland area but worth the search.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank medanne1
Molokai, Hawaii
“Uninspired with lousy service”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Pad Thai is tucked in a corner of the Wharf shops off Front Street in downtown Lahaina. When we arrived, we were the only patrons (12:30 p.m.) which should have been a tip-off. And when we left, there had been three take-out orders and nobody else came to the restaurant. It took 10 minutes to place our orders because the three staff members were parked in front of a banal Disney kid movie that was blaring on the TV. It wasn't worth the wait. My curry was bland and uninspired. In fairness, the ingredients were fresh and the dishes were well-presented with good portions.

I would have rated this restaurant "average" except for the cost. We averaged $20 each for lunch with no beverages, no desserts and excluding gratuity. Even for overpriced Lahaina, that's not cheap. Given the quality of the food and the experience, it would have rated "average" if the price had been more like $10 each.

1 Thank wandering_bob231
Beaverton
“Good Authentic Thai Food!!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had stumble onto this restraurant while seeking another. It is located in the back inside a shopping mall. As we past by, you can smell the aroma of spices that drew us in. Since this is our first time to the island, we wanted to try some of the same foods you would normally find on the "mainland" and compare the spices and ingredients.

Pad Thai and Chicken Larb with sticky rice was authentic as I can remember. The portions of the dishes was large and well as delicious. Papaya Salad (Extra, Extra Spicy) was a real treat as it took a few meals to finish.

2 Thank CThow