“"Fish On!"”

Start Me Up, Sport Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Stop Wishin' and Go Fishin'! Join us aboard one of Start Me Up Sport Fishing's 42-ft. custom sportfishers and have a hand at catching the fish of a lifetime. We provide all of the equipment you need while out on the azure blue waters of Maui - bait and tackle, ice chests, Coast Guard licensed and certified captains and deckhands with decades of experience fishing Hawaiian waters. The only things you need to bring are sunscreen, beverages (no glass bottles) and a few snacks. We offer a variety of Maui fishing trips including 2,4,6,8 and 9-hour trips. Call us today to book your Maui fishing adventure!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I just got back from a private charter on the "Action" and it was great!!! A bumpy ride but hey it's fishin'. Within 20 minutes of reaching the spot, we had "fish on" my husband reeled in a nice Mahi Mahi, about 15 mintues later I was reeling in an even bigger Mahi Mahi....it was great we got 5 Mahi Mahi in total. When we got back they filleted one for us to take back to our condo. They crew was great, helpful and friendly.....great day :)

Talk to Captain Mike Crawford at www.fishmaui.com and he will hook you up!!

Mahalo to
Captain Mike, Captain Steve, Captain Yuka(sorry if I spelled it wrong)

1  Thank crazzyb
in 96 reviews
"mate"
in 57 reviews

Reviewed February 14, 2011

Booked an 8 hr. fishing trip through Capt. Mike Crawford of www.fishmaui.com. He suggested going with Start Me Up. I was a little hesitant after reading some of the reviews here, but took Capt. Mike's advice and I'm glad I did.

Capt. Steve and deckhand Chris were very professional and knowledgeable. Also, very pleasant to be around. Due to their teamwork, we went 6 for 6 on mahi mahi. Good coaching and boat handling on all the fish we had on. Also, after the trip, at the dock, Capt. Steve filleted out 6 very generous portions for me to take back to the condo and feed the family. Asked me twice if I was sure it would be enough.

I'm a charter skipper in Alaska and I know that sometimes the bite is hot and sometimes it's not. That's fishing. But, in my opinion, these guys work hard to catch fish and do all they can to insure all their clients had a good experience while onboard. That's what it's all about!

I'm very pleased and would highly recommend them.

Reviewed January 31, 2011

This is really commercial fishing disguised as sport!! We paid our fee for a boat that was suppose to take six people, only two of us went, thank goodness, there was barely enough room for the two of us once all the running around started. We left at 2a.m. at the suggestion of the "captain" because "that's when they have the best luck" We did catch fish, or I should say they caught the fish and passed you the rod to us at the last minute to reel in. The crew of three was rushing around like there was a fire on aboard. I could not figure out why they were so excited when we starting catching fish. I thought it was because they were happy for us!!! WRONG!! Once we had about six the captain started making his calls to sell the catch. One of the crew members so inexperienced he just missed my head in his excitement when he was hooking the fish. I had wanted to give our catch away to the schools but apparently the catch belongs to them, even though you just paid $900.00..This is a total scam

6  Thank snowbound2011
Reviewed January 30, 2011

When you charter a deep sea fishing boat there are things that can guaranteed and things can be not. Among those that can are safety, clean boat, friendly and knowledgeable crew; and among those that cannot are weather and actually catching fish. Start Me Up delivered on ALL!
They have seven or so boats in the fleet and ours was neat and clean and everything worked perfectly. Captain Denny and Co-captain Randy were great hosts and captains for our group of four which put us on more Mahi than we knew what to do with. Booking the 8 hour full-day trip, I found the price to be a reasonable match between cost and experience delivered. We brought our own food and beverage, plenty of storage and ice were provided. We trolled with 7 lines out and a mix of live bait and lures to maximize chances of getting a FISH ON! I will definitely fish with them again.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 19, 2011

We did a 10 hour custom charter with Capt. Ryan and Brandon at Start me up charters.
We booked through Capt. Mike Crawford at fishmaui.com who took time to answer all our questions and provided many options, he finally recommended us to Start me up based on what we wanted to do, good match for us.
The boat was well equipped and comfortable,( these are commercial fishing boats, not luxury yachts), top of the line gear and a very experienced crew. we got in a solid 10 hours of trolling and covered 100 miles of open ocean, We got exactly what we paid for.
Fishing being fishing we didn't catch anything nor did 12 other boats that day, 15 boats out and only 3 fish caught, a previous storm had really killed the fishing.
I still tipped the guys, it wasn't for lack of effort our results and those guys gotta eat too.
I will be calling Capt Ryan again on my next trip to Maui to book another go, I am after a Marlin and Capt. Ryan is the man to find one for me.