“Good value”

Boss Frog's Dive and Surf - Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: High quality Maui snorkel gear rentals is Boss Frog's top priority. Lahaina's Front Street Boss Frog's location offers a full range of activities and beach rental equipment including high quality snorkel gear, performance surfboards, SUPs, boogie boards, golf clubs, mountain bikes, hybrid bikes, beach cruisers, road bikes, coolers, chairs, float belts, digital cameras, and an assortment of island related apparel and accessories. Our sales agents are trained to be knowledgeable, friendly and helpful to all customers, which maximizes each customer's experience. Boss Frog's prides itself on making customer service a priority.In addition to rental gear, Boss Frog's maintains a large retail selection of beach equipment, including high-end sunglasses, rash guards, reef safe sunblock, board shorts, sarongs, mens and womens clothing, sandals, snorkel gear, beach toys and gifts. We have the best on-Island selections of Maui Jims, Sunclouds, Sanuks and Reef slippers for adults and kids. All customers are greeted with the Aloha spirit at our locations.
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Greetings... We just wrapped up a sunset whale watching tour with Boss Frog's. We were very happy with the quality of the Naturalist commentary on board. The staff really knew their stuff and had plenty of research data to back up their comments.

At just $30 per couple the price was half than most of the other whale watching trips in the area and the boat was just as stable and comfortable. We saw lots and lots of whales at this time of day (4:00 PM) and other boats left the harbour later and were behind us all the time.

We saw lots and make female interactions and saw not only a humpback whale calf but also a dolphin calf with a small pod of dolphins.

For those that wanted, there was a bar on board with the most reasonably priced drinks we have seen so far in Hawaii. We had our 30 month old and 5 month old daughters with us and didn't worry for a moment about safety. The staff had everyone under control and ensured the folks near the railing were sitting so everyone else could see over them when standing back. And they asked folks to make room at the railing for our eldest daughter... After all the naturalists summed it up when she said, "these aren't our whales, they're theirs." Meaning future generations.
I like that.

We also stopped the boat and dropped a hydrophone over the side to hear them singing underwater. Make sure you have something to record the songs.

Have a great trip and good luck spotting humpbacks

1  Thank christophermoreno

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is an extremely late review; my family and I went to Maui in October 2013. Rented snorkel gear and SU paddle boards. Happy with the prices and equipment but what made me come back on another day was the customer service. A gentleman named Guillermo helped me and my family and he was fantastic...friendly, courteous and gave us a lot of advice...was happy to answer all of our questions.

When we go back, we'll definitely go back to the Cannery Mall Boss Frogs. Thanks Guillermo for all your help!!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We rented snorkeling gear on our last full day and got what we needed. There were three options of gear to choose from and we chose the most expensive one, which was still very reasonable. Black rock was the recommended place to go. We found free parking by the wharf and just walked on the beach to Black Rock. My husband ended up having problems with his mask, but stuck with it anyway because we didn't have time to go back and get another. When we returned the gear, we told the person and he said thanks they will fix it. So make sure you try on the mask, everything fits ok and tightens okay before you leave!

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

3.5 stars...The prices and service for fitting the gear were great. However be aware of the hard sell to go to
Time share presentations. Just put me off since I said no the first time and it was brought up again and again. Ended up Purchasing a luau through them which seemed like a really good deal, but have seen it advertised elsewhere for about the same. If you can withstand the sales pitches, the gear is great, and we have had no issues even when my husbands mask broke, he quickly returned it for a new one. Also multiple locations is a plus since we are moving to another part of the island and can return at another location.

3  Thank Tracie W
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I travelled to Hawaii on a whim and showed up with no plan. Accidentally meeting Tara online while researching best deals on helicopter tour was the best part of my trip. She planned various activities for me, helped me prioritize activities to do and found me best deals saving me $$$'s. I would highly recommend anyone visiting Maui to talk to Tara to maximize vacation time and minimizing planning time. Thanks Tara, will definitely recommend all my family and friends visiting Maui to you.

Best was telling my friends back home the deals I got from you. All they could say was....get out of here!!!

Vipul