“Great experience!”

Boss Frog's Dive and Surf - Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: High quality Maui snorkel gear rentals is Boss Frog's top priority. Lahaina's Front Street Boss Frog's location offers a full range of activities and beach rental equipment including high quality snorkel gear, performance surfboards, SUPs, boogie boards, golf clubs, mountain bikes, hybrid bikes, beach cruisers, road bikes, coolers, chairs, float belts, digital cameras, and an assortment of island related apparel and accessories. Our sales agents are trained to be knowledgeable, friendly and helpful to all customers, which maximizes each customer's experience. Boss Frog's prides itself on making customer service a priority.In addition to rental gear, Boss Frog's maintains a large retail selection of beach equipment, including high-end sunglasses, rash guards, reef safe sunblock, board shorts, sarongs, mens and womens clothing, sandals, snorkel gear, beach toys and gifts. We have the best on-Island selections of Maui Jims, Sunclouds, Sanuks and Reef slippers for adults and kids. All customers are greeted with the Aloha spirit at our locations.
Topock, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Fast, courteous, funny, sales staff. No high pressure sales pitches- just simple and easy. Gear was of good quality- if you want pro level, they have it, but not needed for basic beach, casual snorkel.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lahaina Cannery Mall”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Service was great! It was a pleasure renting from the crew here, they were so friendly and not pushy, or trying to sell us stuff we didn't need. I also lost my snorkel gear, at the bottom of the ocean, within an hour of renting it, and the staff didn't charge me something outrageous. I would recommend them to anybody! Rates were great, our hotel charged $20 for the day for cheap gear, and we got high quality snorkel gear for $25 for the week!

Very happy customers from the east coast!!

Oakland, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great customer service”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Rented some snorkel gear from Boss Frog wailea. my set was perfect, my husbands snorkel was defective with a loose rubber seal ... Guillermo at the Cannery mall was very helpful and listened to our problem, even though we rented from a boss frog in wailea he offered to switch the snorkel and give us a full refund... Didn't even have to ask. If we only had switched the snorkel sooner! We had rented it for a week and only had a couple days left...
Thanks Guillermo for fixing this problem easily.

West Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Customer Service Very Poor”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We spent 2 weeks in Maui and had a great time, we also spent close to 400.00 at Boss Frogs doing different activities. My wife bought a pair of Sandals that she was told as was I when we were standing in the store that if you have problems with them to bring them back, 100% warranty. So guess what, thats right we had a problem with them, as soon as they get a little wet they puke out this weird white film. I hear its normal but its a defect in the making of them. They are called Sanuk Yoga Mat Aque. The staff at the counter when we returned told us to go to the store the person that sold them to us was at, he would have to deal with it. I asked if they could just phone him, this started to be a really big deal for really a faulty pair of flips. The staff kept saying oh no we dont warrany these. Once again needing to explain to them that Boss Frogs staff member told both of us they are covered under warranty. Finally they get the guy on the phone who sold us the flips, confirmed they are covered for defects, pass the phone back to the other staff member, heh man whats up. They are covered for defects, now we are lucky enough to get a STORE CREDIT, I live in Vancouver so really do I need to continue. So we look for something else and couldnt find anything so said forget it lets just take the foam puking flips with us. On our way out the guy says to us, ya the sales guy that sold them to you talks fast so it was probably is a communication issue. I just walked and couldnt be bothered to listen to customer service failure any longer. Very poorly done. Doug and Jeannie, Vancouver Canada. The store was 2395 S Kihei Rd. I know the actual management of these companys do read the reviews so at your next boardroom meeting with the staff it would be a good idea to renew the commitment that is required. There are options that people have and now you are not one of them.

1 Thank Doug R
Kingston, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ignored us”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I went to Boss Frog's in Lahaina (3636 Lower Honoapiilani Rd) with the hope of renting a stand-up paddle board. First we waited while one of the workers tried to get the older couple in front of us to go to a time-share presentation at one of the nearby condo developments. It looks like they get kick-backs from doing this as the salesman kept offering a much lower price on their rentals if they would sign up for the presentation.

While this was going on a second salesman asked us what we were there for. We told him we wanted to rent a stand-up paddle board but I guess we didn't look like the type who would make him commission so he then proceeded to help out the next older couple in line and completely bypassed us. We stood around somewhat incredulously as we listened to the "condo presentation" price reduction again. After 5 more minutes we left. My only regret is not leaving earlier.

I'm sorry if this is not typical of all Boss Frog's but I haven't seen retail service this poor in a long time.

2 Thank Ravi S