“Great place to get snorkel stuff”

Boss Frog's Dive and Surf - Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: High quality Maui snorkel gear rentals is Boss Frog's top priority. Lahaina's Front Street Boss Frog's location offers a full range of activities and beach rental equipment including high quality snorkel gear, performance surfboards, SUPs, boogie boards, golf clubs, mountain bikes, hybrid bikes, beach cruisers, road bikes, coolers, chairs, float belts, digital cameras, and an assortment of island related apparel and accessories. Our sales agents are trained to be knowledgeable, friendly and helpful to all customers, which maximizes each customer's experience. Boss Frog's prides itself on making customer service a priority.In addition to rental gear, Boss Frog's maintains a large retail selection of beach equipment, including high-end sunglasses, rash guards, reef safe sunblock, board shorts, sarongs, mens and womens clothing, sandals, snorkel gear, beach toys and gifts. We have the best on-Island selections of Maui Jims, Sunclouds, Sanuks and Reef slippers for adults and kids. All customers are greeted with the Aloha spirit at our locations.
tucson,az
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great place to get snorkel stuff”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

There are lots of businesses that cater to water sports. I think Boss Frog was the most helpful in my outfitting for snorkeling. They also gave good advice on various locations to snorkel. The staff was friendly, and their service is very good.

Visited November 2012

Playa Blanca, Panama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great day on the water in Maui”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We did the full snorkel trip to Molokini and Turtle Town with Boss Frog and Captain Alan.

Great day under Captain Alan's guidance who kept everyone safe and sound and entertained. The snorkelling was good and the whale watching was almost as good.

Only negative is that Molokini is quite crowded but look out for the octopii that change colour from swimming to resting.

Beaverton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“awesome service and advice”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A recent trip to Lahaina uncovered Boss Frogs and Brian Shelton, an associate there. We left the shop with snorkel gear, chairs and a beach umbrella as well as a ton of excellent restaurant information and a whale watching referral from Brian. His friendly manner and enthusiasm about Maui was off the charts! The service was great and his keen sense of what we would like was excellent.
Many thanks to Brian for helping to make our Maui vacation the best!

Monterey, California, United States
“Snorkeling Fun!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

At first, I was reluctant to call and book at this place because they had like 12 advertisements in one of the little Maui travel guides, talking about how awesome they were. This was very much worth my time and value to spend my money on this snorkel trip. We drove in from Hana (LEAVE AT LEAST 2.5 - 3 HOURS BEFOREHAND FROM HANA!!!), ran late (and car sick) But The Frogman (Captain Allen) held the boat for us a little past departure time. I am forever grateful that he did because I had the absolute best time on Maui in doing this cruise. Be sure to bring cash (they rent underwater cameras, sell drinks on board), sunscreen, and your swimming attire.

On board, they had a little fresh-fruit/muffin/coffee breakfast with various drinks (soda, coffee, water) and they gave a wonderful snorkel tutorial and enough coaching for snorkeling. Boss Frog was very family friendly and as a childless couple, it was pretty groovy, too (the children were well-behaved). Getting to and from the sites (on the boat) was fabulous and we got to see a few whales along the way (not guaranteed or on the brochure). Molekini was fun to swim at and the snorkel gear they provide looked newish and worked without a hitch – it was a breeze to do for someone that HATES swimming in the ocean. I had so much fun! Turtle town was my partner's favorite place and we saw quite a few turtles and the day was beautiful. Had it been overcast, it would have been awesome, too. After both trips, they fed us build-your-own sandwiches. All the food was fresh.

The scaredy-cat in me was relieved that they had a life-guard on board that chilled on a surf-board at the two sites. They take safety very seriously and vehemently adhere to conservation laws and protocol for the sites that we visited.

Not sure about the other places that do snorkeling, but Boss Frog was awesome and I will definately go back to them when I come back to Maui. Mahalo, Boss Frog :)

Ketchikan, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Boss Frogs Molokini and Turtle Town”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

On December 27th, 2012 my family and I did a morning Boss Frogs tour to Molokini and Turtle Town. The all male crew basically waited on the pretty female customers hand and foot and ignored the rest of yes as much as we would allow. The captain was rude and very unprofessional except to the young ladies he had up in his steering station. An older lady was ill as she approach the ramp to get back on the boat after the tour. The crew acted as if she didn't exist and I had to help her get a boat line from around her neck as it was choking her. The crew just stood there and watched as I helped her with her fins and mask. I noticed that the crew seemed irritated with requests made for different sized fins, masks or different snorkels unless you look good in a bikini of course. If you want to be abused by a bunch of self centered, self serving crew and captain then by all means fly at it. As for me and my family we'll be paying hard earned money to a company that appreciates the business. I also noticed that there was a lot of conversation from the crew about the tip jar at the end of the trip, I didn't see a single person put a tip in the jar, I wonder why.

5 Thank Butch O