Open today: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Recommended experiences in and around Maui
from $142.19
from $89.95
from $144.79
from $134.37
7,578 results
All reviews our waiter mai tai pork table seating banana bread before dinner hula lessons buffet style kalua pig hawaiian culture all you can eat story telling all you can drink food was great lava flow flower lei walk around
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although we've been to Hawaii three times, this was the first time we ever went to a luau. It was a fun experience. My wife loved the show, although I got a little bored with it and would have rather seen a little more variety. The food was excellent and it was an experience we won't forget. I would definitely recommend it, but make sure you book a month in advance. I didn't, but got lucky and a spot opened up.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Impeccable service, great show and ambiance. The positive and super bubbly crew make this event a special outing. The only reason I didn’t give five stars is because the alcoholic drinks seem very weak. They are plentiful with the selection which is nice but I’d rather consume one decent drink than 3 weak ones as I hate drinking all the extra calories. Overall our 2nd favorite event from our six day trip to Maui.

1  Thank 714natalieb
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We absolutely loved the Old Lahaina Luau! If you want to get a taste of Hawaiian culture, while feeling a little bit spoiled along the way, this is how to do it. When you show up you’re immediately greeted with a fresh Hawaiian lei and a Mai Tai and taken to your seat. From there you have an hour to explore, have your photo taken, try fresh coconut, learn to hula dance, and watch a pig be roasted underground. The drinks will be flowing all the while and the service is great! We had Spencer and he was awesome. The buffet food was pretty good (lots of choices), and the drinks were great. We sat in the very front on the traditional ground seating - very cool experience and definitely up-close and personal for the performance, but I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone elderly or with back/knee problems - you’re sitting on the ground for a LONG time and it is not very comfortable (that would be the only thing I’d change - I’d sit in the regular chairs next time). The hula performance was amazing! So many neat acts and the dancers were so fun to watch. We would highly recommend this luau to anyone!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a return visit to Old Lahaina Lu’au for me but a first for my wife. It isn’t cheap but the value is very good.

The organisation is top notch from the minute that you arrive until you leave. They move relatively large crowds through the venue in a way that does not make you feel like you are being herded. The staff seem genuinely happy that you and they are here. Everyone receives a lei, a program and a drink upon entering.

The setting on the ocean is excellent and the pre show activities keep things interesting. The wait staff are helpful, knowledgeable, and care. They know the food and ingredients and helped us with my wife’s food allergies. The food was pretty good for a buffet feeding a large crowd. There were many choices including traditional Hawaiian items and really something for everyone.

The show was excellent. The performers were enjoying their efforts and the quality was high. You can tell that they have excellent choreography and that these are truly professionals.

There are plenty of Lu’au’s but you will be hard pressed to find a better one. I will be back.....again!

1  Thank Jerry K
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were told about Old Lahaina from family who has lived on the island for decades. This is the most authentic experience with the BEST food. Top meal of my entire life. They don’t use fire in the performances, and I appreciate it since it is not authentic to do so. Service was absolutely unreal. Rob was truly outstanding and a good enough reason to do it again in the future. Thank you, Rob and team for an amazing evening.