“Great Food/Drinks and enjoyable show”
Review of Old Lahaina Luau

Old Lahaina Luau
Ranked #3 of 17 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: Old Lahaina Luau takes great pride in presenting an authentic Hawaiian Luau. An evening of traditional Hawaiian cuisine, music, cultural dances and demonstrations. Guests will appreciate a genuine reflection of Hawaii's rich history while enjoying an ocean view and sunset.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 2, 2013

First luau for me and my teenage daughters, we REALLY loved the food, the company of the family we were seated with, and the nice show. We loved the buffet style and the well labeled food items.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,950)
All reviews
in 81 reviews
"walk around"
in 111 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was a great luau. Food and drinks were good. They like to give extra "love" to the mai tais with the dark rum. The luau itself was good, wish there was a little bit of a fire show added into it though. This is the best luau to go to on Maui though.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

WOW!! Do you want the real no cheese historical story telling Luau? Book this and you will not be sorry. Our kids of 10 and 8 had a great time too.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We wanted to do the luau but didn't book in time. We got on the wait list and were able to go when we wanted. This is very touristy but also very worth it. It is all you can eat and all you can drink but no one got out of hand. The performers are excellent and the show is top notch. The servers at the tables work their butts off (and only 2 of us tipped, come on) and provide great service. It is pricey for buffet style but you are paying for the show and it's worth it. We sat on the pillows up front which is only for the limber but gets you the best seats in the place. I didn't dock them a star but they need to get some better photographers. There are sunset photo stations set up but we weren't terribly impressed by the photographers skills.

1  Thank Jasonmh1
See more reviews
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I went to the Old Lahaina Luau after seeing the great reviews. I was there with my family - wife and three teens. We had already gone to the Polynesian Cultural Center and really enjoyed their evening show. My wife and I had also been to luaus previously and was looking forward to sharing the luau experience with our kids.

Let me first start by saying the positives. Food was very good. It's in a great location and the grounds were really nice. Service was outstanding. All this and I really thought that we were going to have a great night.

Unfortunately the show was lackluster. Talented dancers and generally it was entertaining, but I would say 70% of the show were slow hula dances. So we were getting bored after a while. My wife even dozed off in one of their numbers. But the worst of it all - no Samoan fire twirling!! I always thought that this dance was the highlight of all luaus. At least it had been at all previous luaus we have been to. Out kids were looking forward to the fire twirling all night, and we left feeling ripped off. The luau wasn't cheap either. This was our last night in Maui and it was supposed to be our big, last memorable experience of our vacation. Really bummed!

I would recommend other luaus on west Maui that include the most spectacular and entertaining part of Hawaii - the fire twirlers.

1  Thank ERIC W