“Nice night out!”
Review of Old Lahaina Luau

Old Lahaina Luau
Ranked #3 of 17 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: Old Lahaina Luau takes great pride in presenting an authentic Hawaiian Luau. An evening of traditional Hawaiian cuisine, music, cultural dances and demonstrations. Guests will appreciate a genuine reflection of Hawaii's rich history while enjoying an ocean view and sunset.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We enjoyed the Old Lahaina Luau. It was a beautiful setting. We were there with our 13 yr old daughter. The food was buffet style which was fine. It was a very organized system, so you weren't waiting on line for very long. The drinks were also very good. The service was impeccable. Our server was Kona. She was very nice and friendly and had a smile on her face the entire time! Something to know, this is a traditional luau based on the story of the hula, so if you are looking for fire and excitement (my husband was) you may be disappointed. However, the food, service and beautiful view made it a nice night out.

1  Thank Wendy K
Write a ReviewReviews (6,426)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Ignore what the others say about Old Lahaina. It is awesome and you will have a great time. But book early!

2  Thank mtbwarrior
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've been to this one and since then, the Hyatt Drums of the Pacific Luau. OLL is more expensive but you're paying for the experience and atmosphere. It felt more like a luau in its surroundings, the experience through the show, great view from any seat since the seats surround the stage without lights and such blocking the view, and you can actually watch them dig up the pig and hear about it at the same time. Drums of the Pacific, you don't get to watch them to do it, they just do it from afar and then they walk around with the pig to show you. There were various booths / stations with locals selling and making stuff. Various spots with great photo opportunities. However, the food wasn't as good as I thought. Good selection but the pig, which the luau was all about, was kind of dry. Salad and everything was ok...nothing special. Service was good. Definitely recommend getting there early to get a good spot and take advantage of the photo opportunities. The show had more of a story line behind it too so it kept you engaged from that perspective rather than just watching the show.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

since we had family with us in Maui who had never been to Hawaii or a real Luau we went to the Old Lahaina Luau for our third time. It did not disappoint. Food and entertainment were great and our server was friendly, fun and attentive. I would recommend this to anyone at any age Just be aware that if you are older like me you may want to reserve table and chair seating vs. sitting on pillows We did the pillow seating on our first trip when I was 12 years younger and my back ached throughout the show.

1  Thank Stadelberger
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The staff at the Old Lahaina Luau treat you like you are the guest of honor. I like that seats are assigned, so there is no need to come super early and scurry to find one. Wandering around the grounds before the show is so pleasant on the ocean and there are lots of activities. Can't say enough about the energy and perfection of the performance, it was authentic, moving, colorful, exciting and everything you could ask for. And the food was excellent (two buffets, so I moved fast). I would go again. You need to get tickets really early for this one because they sell out.

1  Thank Anne M