“Fantastic Experience!!!!”
Review of Old Lahaina Luau

Old Lahaina Luau
Ranked #3 of 18 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: Old Lahaina Luau takes great pride in presenting an authentic Hawaiian Luau. An evening of traditional Hawaiian cuisine, music, cultural dances and demonstrations. Guests will appreciate a genuine reflection of Hawaii's rich history while enjoying an ocean view and sunset.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Austin, Texas, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience!!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Luau is incredible!!!! Great show and very authentic! Priced similar to the others we checked out. The hotels offer Luau but if they are like the one at our hotel the Sheraton do yourself a favor and go the the best one offered Old Lahaina Luau

Visited July 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Raleigh, North Carolina
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Even better the 2nd time”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Thirteen years ago, my husband and I attended this luau. It was lovely, but most of the details have faded from my memory. In June, we returned along with two children to the Old Lahaina Luau. It was so much better the second time. The education of the Hawaiian culture prior to the show was very interesting. The staff were so friendly. In particular, Gerry and Kyle were awesome! The entire check in process was very smooth and the customer service really flourished here. What can I saw about the hula dancers? So much fun to watch the variety of dancers! Absolutely beautiful!

Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful sunset, wonderful hula show!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I attended this Luau our first night in Maui, and we had a wonderful time! The Luau is designed to feel like a traditional Hawaiian Luau, from the servers wearing traditional clothing and lessons in music and drumming before dinner begins. The waitstaff was fantastic, and our glasses were never empty! The food was very traditional, and even me as a somewhat picky eater was able to fill my stomach. After a fantastic view of the sunset over the Pacific, a very enjoyable hula show commenced, tracing the history of the islands through dance. The dancers were fantastic, and I truly felt as if I had been transported back in time to old Hawaii!

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“History, entertainment, great waitstaff, food selection for everybody!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is our second visit to the Old Lahaina Luau (first was about 10 years ago). We like this because of the attention to historical detail and the venue, both of which really set this apart from the other luaus we've been to. Performers are top-notch, waitstaff attentive, food is good and the food selection provides something for everyone. The actual performance is really great, as it tells the history of the islands through history of the hula. No fire dancers, but we don't miss that, as my understanding is that this is more of a Samoan tradition than Hawaiian -- but I could be wrong. This is a highly engaging program, an you'll learn a lot about Hawaiian culture.

Dallas, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The staff was friendly and attentative, the food and drinks were very good and the entertainment was enjoyable. We were pretty far in back--recommend you try to book early and get the mat seats up close!

Visited July 2013