“Best Luau in Maui”
Review of Old Lahaina Luau

Old Lahaina Luau
Ranked #3 of 17 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: Old Lahaina Luau takes great pride in presenting an authentic Hawaiian Luau. An evening of traditional Hawaiian cuisine, music, cultural dances and demonstrations. Guests will appreciate a genuine reflection of Hawaii's rich history while enjoying an ocean view and sunset.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had no idea which luau to choose while visiting Maui OR if it would even be worth it. As it turned out, this evening was one of our favorite during our vacation...and there were MANY AMAZING NIGHTS...and it was a fantastic performance. This is the one to choose, hands down.

4  Thank amyn18
There are newer reviews for Old Lahaina Luau

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I attended this for my birthday and it was AWESOME!!!! Entertainment, food and one on one hospitality staff were fun and awesome!!! The story in dance was spectacular!!! Watching the pig being unearthed was fun and the scenary was beautiful! It also makes for a romantic evening as well!!! It is said that this the BEST luau and I believe it ... Highly recommend it!!! Great value for an awesome and spectacular evening!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

A lot has been said about the Old Lahaina Luau's intimacy, cultural honesty and hospitality. I can confirm that it has not been over sold! From the moment of your greeting and guided invitation to your table, you will want for nothing as the night goes on.

The views are great all around as the sun starts to set before your evening feast begins. The food is fantastic with enough choices to suit any taste: Fresh seafood, chicken, beef and their imu cooked pork. Veggies abound as well as libations of your liking. (There are plenty of non-alcoholic beverages as well).

You will find the main show, which is themed around Hawaiian history to be spell-binding. (Hula watching was never this good)!

A major cut above any hotel luau, Old Lahaina Luau is the best luau I have found on Maui. If you have skipped it in the past, check it out. Your not going to be disappointed. And if you have never been to Maui before, be sure to add this event into your stay, you'll still be smiling about it, months after you return home.

4  Thank kubacks
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I walked to the Old Lahaina Luau from our hotel (Aina Nalu). It was about a 20 minute walk on the way there and we took a cab home. It was raining when we arrived at the luau, so they gave us disposable ponchos. The food was good. I especially liked the octopus poke. The show was better than we expected. They give you a gift of banana bread at the end of the show. The cabs wait across the street after the show is done, and there was no wait so we decided not to walk back.

1  Thank RoseB60763
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was told by a friends and reviews on this site that this was a great show. Its an experience.... Yes but way overpriced. They give you a strong drink when you get there and along with a pretty lei. Your drinks are free but not much alcohol. The food wasn't very good, you watch them prepare to roast a pig but you don't get the pork from that pig but already prepared food. The show is average. Its pretty setting with a sunset and the ocean but for almost $100 per person you should get a great meal!

3  Thank Whatliegh