“Consistently great”
Review of Old Lahaina Luau

Old Lahaina Luau
Ranked #3 of 17 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: Old Lahaina Luau takes great pride in presenting an authentic Hawaiian Luau. An evening of traditional Hawaiian cuisine, music, cultural dances and demonstrations. Guests will appreciate a genuine reflection of Hawaii's rich history while enjoying an ocean view and sunset.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was my fourth visit to the Old Lahaina Luau and it continues to provide top notch entertainment and food. The emphasis is on traditional Hawaiian luau so it does not have songs or dances from other Polynesian cultures. Before each show they have a small display of true local Hawaiian arts and crafts by the waterside. The food is traditional Hawaiian roast pork and sweet potatoes and poi but they have added some non traditional food (steak and salmon) for a more general palate. The main attraction is the dancing and chanting in a variety of Hawaiian styles. They are haunting in their beauty. They offer chair seating for traditional seating on a pillow on the ground. I always opt for the traditional seating which is closer to the dancers, but can be a bit uncomfortable until you find the right position for your legs.

1  Thank auric08
Write a ReviewReviews (6,494)
All reviews
in 230 reviews
"lava flow"
in 77 reviews

Reviewed February 10, 2013

After several trips to the islands this was our first luau. The show before the show was really nice including watching the pig come out of the ground. The drinks all tasted like they were virgin, but after reading previous reviews I was not surprised. I normally do not care for buffets and avoid them at all costs. Our table was the first called and all the food was really good! We had opted to sit on the ground for a better view. During the show several tables moved to sit back along the retaining wall which provided a little more back support which was nice. The show was very nice even without the fire dancers! There is no ATM on site so make sure you bring cash for the trinkets available to purchase and to tip your server!

2  Thank Akkitten
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Definitely worth the trip - great dancing, costumes, atmosphere. Loosing a star because the drinks were good but SO WEAK! Wish I could have just paid for a real drink.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Service and presentation were excellent. Location by the waterfront is also a big plus. One drawback and the reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 were the food could have been better.

1  Thank A S
See more reviews
Reviewed February 9, 2013

While we were in Lahaina we attended this luau based on reviews I had read on Tripadvisors. Unfortunately I was disappointed. The food was good, along with the procedures they use to ensure everyone is served with their meals and drinks in a timely manner. The drinks were plentiful but were weak and did not taste like the island's favorites that I remembered.

When it came to showtime it was very difficult to see the show due to the seating arrangement which left everyone other than the two sitting at the front of the table having to try to move their chair to possibly see around them.

I think the biggest disappointment was due to having been to a previous Luau years ago and being so impressed with not only the hula dancing but the fire dancers show, which was not included at all at this luau.

Next time when we visit Maui I would certainly like to take in another luau but I would not return to this one, I think one of the most spectacular parts of the show was missing and I have certainly seen better.

2  Thank Donna K