“Wonderful... Must see...”
Review of Old Lahaina Luau

Old Lahaina Luau
Ranked #3 of 17 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: Old Lahaina Luau takes great pride in presenting an authentic Hawaiian Luau. An evening of traditional Hawaiian cuisine, music, cultural dances and demonstrations. Guests will appreciate a genuine reflection of Hawaii's rich history while enjoying an ocean view and sunset.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This was a great experience. I would definitely recommend you seeing it. You were first greeted with the mai tai and Hawaiian Lei. You're then introduced to your waiter and he takes you to the table or grassy area where we will be sitting. I recommend trying to book a table. The food was OK not the best desserts were delicious. The show was excellent. During the show you have the dancers and people singing and a man in the background telling the story. One thing to remember is please please don't forget to tip your waiter. Many people were getting up and leaving without tipping. They work hard for you. There is one waiter to each table. We had 6 other people a total of 8 to each table. That is lots of running around and getting your drinks for you rather than you waiting in the very long line. They also give you yummy banana bread to take home at the end of the show.

1  Thank iamflossy22

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This Luau had the best entertainers, the best food and most of all the best Mai Tais. all inclusive pricing made it such a great deal. The grounds at the ocean make for a wonderful setting with the amazing Sun setting as you watch.

3  Thank Charlene D
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Since this was the first time we had visited Hawai'i, we figured that we had to go to a Luau. Old Lahaina was recommended by the folks at A Happy Maui Wedding and since we were spending the day on that side of the island felt that this was a great opportunity.

Old Lahaina Luau was a great night of fun. We were able to get traditional seating right up front so we got a great view of the show. Right off, the staff was friendly and very helpful, greeting us with Lei's and a personal escort and explaination of the facilities. Around the the faciality along the ocean were numerous local crafts folk and photographers to give everyone chance for nice memories.

The food was amazing starting with the traditional Kalua Pig and Poi, and followed up with tons of local different foods all grown locally. We truly enjoyed experiencing all the local flavors.

The show was amazing. Old Lahaina provides a history of the Hula throughout time starting from when the islands first were popultated and the islanders were celebrating their goddess Peli through the prohibition peruiod to the present. The costumes and different dances were fun to watch. They even invited all of us celebrating anniversaries to come out and dance.

If we ever decide to go to a luau again I thinkl Old Lahaina will be at the top of the list.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Having been to a luau before on a different island and feeling like I attended a cheesy show I didn't want to go to a luau on Maui. But when everyone else in your travel group is going you say what the heck and tag along. I was glad I did as it changed my luau experience.

The setting was pretty and clean. It seemed more authentic with the story and beautiful dancers. There was no risen wooden stage with fire dancers and people pulling you up to learn to hula. The service was outstanding and the food was good for all you can eat. There were 3 people in my party who have been to a luau previously and 3 who have not and we all enjoyed it the same. I would definitely recommend it to folks visiting Maui, especially if it is your first luau.

2  Thank nricci4
Reviewed February 3, 2013

You must experience this luau. Well worth the money. Unlimited alcoholic drinks, attractive men and great food. What more could a single girl ask for! The atmosphere is laid back and serene off the ocean. I would do traditional seating on the ground if able. I think you get the whole experience and front row view.

1  Thank Tiffany S