“Honeymooners!”
Review of Old Lahaina Luau

Old Lahaina Luau
Ranked #3 of 19 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: Old Lahaina Luau takes great pride in presenting an authentic Hawaiian Luau. An evening of traditional Hawaiian cuisine, music, cultural dances and demonstrations. Guests will appreciate a genuine reflection of Hawaii's rich history while enjoying an ocean view and sunset.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Coconut Creek, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Honeymooners!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Amazinggggg Luau!!! Sooo original and awesome food and staff!!!
Our server was the nicest guy ever!! I wish I could remember his name!! We were lucky enough to be at a table with all couples so that was very nice! They called up all honeymooners and anniversary couples for a special slow dance, it was very sweet!

• Korean first
Meridian, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Girls Night Out!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

It was great! The young women had their own table ( there were 9 at their table) and the "Old" ladies table ( 5 ). Treated us Royally!!!!

Visited February 2012
Denver, CO
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very memorable evening”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I read a bunch of excellent reviews about the Old Lahaina Luau and it was clear that this was the one to go to. I actually booked pretty late, just four days before, as was able to get in. Traditional seating (on the ground) was booked so I purchased tickets for table seating but put a note in the reservation that I'd love to be moved to traditional seating if it became available. When I showed up the night of the luau we were so excited that we had been moved to the traditional seating. So glad we did because we were in the very first row on the end and it was perfect! The performers were excellent and all of the staff were super friendly. We were one of the earlier tables to get food and we even got to head up for a 2nd trip to the buffet. There were a bunch of dishes to choose from so I tried a little of each on my plate. My husband and I loved the pork and the Maui onion salad dressing was tasty. The fish was a bit dry but everything else was great. We were greeted with a Mai Thai and orchid lai and then it was open bar. The tropical drinks were great. The banana bread they give you as a gift when you leave was delicious! It was a nice treat to have the morning after. I wan't 100% about going to a luau just because it seemed very touristy but I'm so glad we went to this one. It seemed very authentic and not at all like a tourist trap. If you want to check out a luau while in Maui I recommend this one!

1 Thank Tami V
New Brunswick, New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We'd heard that this was the best luau on island and possibly the whole state and it didn't disappoint!

When you arrive, you are handed a drink right off the bat and shown to your table. We then walked around taking pictures and checking out the grounds. The servers were friendly and attentive and made sure we had all the drinks we needed. We opted to sit at the tables because we didn't want our legs to fall asleep from sitting on a pillow for hours. There is a huge variety of food and everything we had was tasty.

The show and the costumes were excellent as well. It told the history well and was just the right length.

1 Thank fleurdelibrarian
Connecticut
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great food and show!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The luau completely held up to all the amazing reviews here on TripAdvisor. It was a traditional Hawaiian luau. When you arrive, if their main lot is full, you simply park across the street in a lot they have designated - maybe a 2 minute walk back to the actual location. Staff is on hand and will direct you, so don't worry.

The staff was extremely helpful, happy, and professional. They directed traffic, guided you to where you needed to go, and moved through lines very quickly. As soon as we got inside, we were offered drinks and a lei. I don't drink alcohol, and they were very accomodating - offering all their drinks without alcohol. I definitely recommend the LavaFlow!

You have a choice of traditional seating - on mats around the stage. I recommend this - you get a front row seat!! Or you can choose the standard table/chair. Book early - seats are assigned based on your booking date. I booked about 6 weeks ahead and had front row seats next to the stage. The setting is amazing, you arrive as the sun begins to set over the water, what an incredible view!

The food was amazing, you can even go back for seconds once everyone has had a chance to go through the line. There were four separate buffet areas (same food at each one) which made the lines move very quickly. Open bar - definitely take advantage of that. Our waiter was very attentive, checked in multiple times for new drinks, and anything else we needed. He explained everything that was happening and answered any questions we had about the evening. He made sure to remember all details (ie: where from, why we were there - honeymoon, vacation, etc), and completely personalized our experience.

The luau itself was a wonderful experience. It seemed very authentic. Again - I can't say enough good things. If you do anything in Maui, make sure you do this!! I am booking it again when I go back next year.

1 Thank mescooby422