“As Good as it Gets”
Review of Fish Market Maui

Fish Market Maui
Ranked #11 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
London, Canada
“As Good as it Gets”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Although it is tucked away in a strip mall about 2 miles north of the big hotels in Kaanapali it was well worth the search. Unassuming yes but fabulous fish as fresh as it gets served by friendly staff.

I had the best fish burrito I've ever had and I will be back to try the fish burger tomorrow.

• Visited February 2013

Iowa
“Maui's Real BEST Fish Tacos, & Everything Else is Delicious Too!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have eaten fish tacos at 20 or more restaurants on Maui, and as far as I'm concerned Fish Market Maui has the clear winner!

It is all about the fish - fresh and juicy chunks of ono, cooked perfectly, browned and coated with Cajun spice. My mouth is watering just thinking about them! The corn tortillas, were fresh grilled with crunchy slaw and yummy salsa, no unnecessary ingredients and I didn't need to add extra heat, the spice was just right. I did ask for guacamole and it may have cost an extra dollar, but it was delicious and plentiful, served with a smile. These were definitely the best fish tacos I have had on Maui and probably anywhere.

I was so pleased with myself for clearly ordering the best thing on the menu until I took a bite of my husband's Ono Burger. OMG! No wonder he didn't even want to try my fish tacos! That burger was to die for! It was clearly made with freshly caught fish and seasoned and cooked better than any other fish burger. The pesto and caramelized onions were the perfect touches on the big chewy toasted bun. Can you believe he would only share one bite with me?

It was the perfect post-snorkeling meal with cold iced tea. We sat outside at the little tables and chatted with some fellow fish lovers. We will be back. And next time we may take our food across the road to the beautiful little Honokowai Beach Park where the local families play.

• Visited January 2013
“We Love This Place!!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We love to go to the Fish Market to pick up dinner for a nice quiet, inexpensive dinner at home once in a while. A fish entree at the local restaurants will cost around $40. We fed a family of 4 for $50. They will give you recommendations, prepare it for you. All we do is put it in the oven and enjoy. It is clean and they are cutting fish in the back so you know it's fresh. This isn't a a nice
sit-down type of place but perfect to cooking at home. I think we went 4 times while in our vacation. We love you guys!

alberta
“Delicious lunch & fresh to buy too!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We read great things about the food, and in our quest to find fresh caught fish we could cook this was one of the few stores we could find on line that we could a)find and was b)open as we weren't interested in shopping chains. We like to buy local.

Lunch was a fresh catch plate & fresh catch sandwich. Mahi was the catch, prep was exquisite - I can't think of a better word. Every bite was melting-tender and juicy, just the right grill touch ( touch of crunchy but not crusty). Plate came trad with rice and mac salad, sandwich on a bun with Maui chips (a Frito-lay product so the only thing NOT made local). Absolutely worth the time, and cheaper price than many here in Paia (certainly better than our lunch at P Fish Market last week). Once done lunch, we went over to the fresh counter to get supper. 6 or 7 varieties of fish, all fresh from the boat. We took monchong (resisting temptation to take Everything!) which was lovely at supper. Hope to go back for some of the cold preps, ceviche & poke, and more fresh.

San Rafael, CA
“Very Dissapointed”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We thought this was fish market. Had a few filets prices at $26 per pound. Went to Times supermarket instead and bought some Mahi Mahi which we grillled. Skip this as a "fish market".

Visited January 2013