“Very Dissapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Fish Market Maui

Fish Market Maui
Ranked #10 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Rafael, CA
“Very Dissapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We thought this was fish market. Had a few filets prices at $26 per pound. Went to Times supermarket instead and bought some Mahi Mahi which we grillled. Skip this as a "fish market".

Visited January 2013

nyc
“best shrimp tacos, ever. best poke, ever. best ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

simply fabulous freshly grilled shrimp or fish on steaming tacos -- omg, I'm salivating here! and the fresh fish sold right there -- with fresh fish, delicious poke & young men knowing their fish and giving sound advice with a smile.

ughm .... the only if is that one of the cooks sometimes skimps on fish and ingredients for tacos -- it happened to us twice (the guy taking order was a geeky glassed looking dude)

PS. sorry for stealing the salsa, couldn't resist!

• Visited January 2013
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Really good & tasty fish tacos - YUM!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Due to its location in a strip mall, and not an attractive one at that - we typically would not make the effort to stop. However, we heard that the fish market had fabulous fish tacos - and that is indeed a fact! You get a generous piece of fresh fish with just the right amount of seasonings (& not the breaded version which we don't care for). They are made to order and so tasty. We highly recommend!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Fish Market? More like heaven!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

When one talks quality and fresh you cannot beat this market and restaurant. Our first visit was just for a light lunch of their fish chowder and seafood chowder with a fish taco and a buffalo shrimp taco. OMG we could not believe the quantity of fish and seafood in the chowders. The tacos were absolutely amazing and quite tasty. The second visit was the market side of small heaven. Fresh ahi tuna salad, lobster salad, poke (pronounced pokee), fish ceviche and seafood salad. On our first visit we watched a fisherman brining a catch of yellow fin tuna right off,the boat. OMG how much fresher can you get. Not even frozen at all. Just right out of the water. Yum, yum, yum.

Wenatchee, Washington
“Outstanding spot for lunch or for fresh fish to take home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to the fish market now for about five years on my annual visits. I first discovered it for its excellent fresh fish selection. I've never had a bad piece of fish from here. Always a good selection of mahi mahi, hebi, monchong, walu, ahi. Prices are actually quite competitive, about the same I pay in Seattle and less than I've paid in Kauai.
I started going there for lunch my last visit. Their fish tacos are the best I've had in Hawaii. Their Kalua Pork is also extremely good.
The atmosphere is strip mall, but ok for lunch, and I'm sure it help keeps prices reasonable.