“First Luau”

Wailele Polynesian Luau
Ranked #11 of 19 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: At Wailele Polynesian Luau dinner show, guests will embark on an exciting journey to the Polynesian Islands where dance was considered not just as a form of entertainment, but as a means of telling stories. Recognized for providing an award-winning experience, the luau is held oceanfront at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa and features dances and songs from old and modern Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand (Maori), Tonga and Samoa. Highlights include the story of Pele (Goddess of Fire), Hi'ilave Hula Awana dedicated to Wailele (meaning waterfalls) and Maui's most extreme fire knife dance finale called "Siva Afi". The unforgettable evening of fun, culture and entertainment is complemented by a traditional dinner served buffer style and selection of beverages.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Luau”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

It was my first luau I attended and definitely had a blast. The choice of drinks was not the best, and it seemed like once you got your food and ate, they were already taking it away so there was hardly any chance for seconds. The show was great. The fire dancers at the end were absolutely the best!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank xoxo_nic

Huntington Beach, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Enjoyable show, but lousy seats”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The show was enjoyable. The 'M.C.' was very entertaining. Despite arriving at the show early, we were seated at the very back of the venue where we spent most of the show looking into the sun. Had we been seated closer to the front we would rate the show higher.

1 Thank TeamHoness
Flagstaff, Arizona
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“One of the more disappointing Luau's”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Having been to several Laua's across Hawaii, I found this one to be a mix blessing. We won the luau in a drawing so did not cost anything. Thank God. We had wonderful seating pretty close to the front. I am not sure if the luau itself was the problem or the discourtesy of the people attending. I am use to being respectful and pay attention to the performance being done. Instead we had a rowdy group on the other side that never shut up. The performance was ok but the not best i've seen. By far this performance did have one of the best fire performance I have seen at any luau. The rest of ok without much explanation of what the dances or performances represented.
The food was very good as well as the service. They did not do anything with showing deep pit cooking of the pork (pig) or anything like that. Not having to pay I don't know what the cost would have been. However, I have seen about $105.00 floating around. There are a lot of other options around. We attended the Old Lahaina Luau before and it was wonderful. Given the choice, would go back to the Old Lahaina Laua.

1 Thank Teachsaturn
Santa Rosa, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful evening”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was a memorable night for our family vacation with my two daughters and their families. Great meal and great show. The on-site photographer did an amazing job with family portraits and group shot.

1 Thank ccsmits
Vancouver, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Wonderful Luau experience!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I attended this luau with two friends and we purchased the TravelZoo vouchers ($99 for 2 people). For the price we paid, I thought it was a great luau. We all had a very enjoyable time. The food, service and entertainment were all wonderful. My husband and I attended the Old Lahaina Luau (OLL) a couple years ago and honestly, we preferred this one. Yes, the OLL was a lot more traditional whereby they actually showed the unveiling of the pig from the underground oven and the food was more traditional but definitely the service lacked compared to the Wailele. The OLL is a lot longer from what I remember - it was at least 3.5-4hrs. The Wailele Luau was the perfect length - about 2.5 hrs. The MC was really entertaining and funny and interacting well with the crowd. The food was amazing - buffet line moved swiftly and they replenished the food really quickly. Raul was our table's server and he was so attentive, coming around every 10 mins to make sure we were all happy. The fire dancers were all amazing. A couple things I did prefer at OLL over Wailele: OLL greeted guests with fresh flower leis while Wailele greeted with plastic seashell leis and the fact that OLL offered blended drinks such as pina coladas and lava flows but those are minor details. They really work hard to ensure everyone has a good experience. The Westin Hotel grounds are so beautifully maintained - waterfalls, lushes trees and swans in the ponds. Overall, I would definitely recommend this luau to everyone visiting Maui!

2 Thank travel_bug0122