“Very good luau for the money”

Wailele Polynesian Luau
Ranked #11 of 19 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: At Wailele Polynesian Luau dinner show, guests will embark on an exciting journey to the Polynesian Islands where dance was considered not just as a form of entertainment, but as a means of telling stories. Recognized for providing an award-winning experience, the luau is held oceanfront at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa and features dances and songs from old and modern Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand (Maori), Tonga and Samoa. Highlights include the story of Pele (Goddess of Fire), Hi'ilave Hula Awana dedicated to Wailele (meaning waterfalls) and Maui's most extreme fire knife dance finale called "Siva Afi". The unforgettable evening of fun, culture and entertainment is complemented by a traditional dinner served buffer style and selection of beverages.
Atlanta, Georgia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Very good luau for the money”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This luau was one of two we attended while on Hawaii (The other was on the Big Island). It was a good price, you got a good buffett dinner and an open bar which was nice to not have to upgrade to get. The seating even if you don't do the premium seating (which we didn't do) is still good. You can see everything with no problems. There are some artists with their wares selling before and after the show. You are greeted with a shell lei that you get to keep which my kids really liked. The performers will also take pictures with you before and afterwards, which again my kids loved and actually ended up being our Christmas card. The show itself was not real long but good. The different dancers were good but the highlight is by far the fire dancers. There are a whole group of them and they are amazing! Overall a good luau and a good experience, i would recommend it for families.

3 Thank Monica C

Holly, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Luau :(”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Well we had to try one and this one was recommended.It was entertaining and the food was OK but not outstanding it was definitely overpriced.

2 Thank Ray K
Fresno, Ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Entertaining & good food, but not $260 good”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The one thing I wanted to do for my first visit to Hawaii was go to a Luau, so I was willing to shell out the $260 for premium seating for my husband and I. Yes, it was entertaining and fun, and the food was quite good for a buffet, and the highlight was definitely the fire dancing! With the premium seating we were seated right in the front and had an amazing view. However, all that being said, it did not live up to my $260 expectations. If you have money to burn and go expecting to pay more than the show is worth, then you'll have a good time. But if you're tight with money and expect an equal dollar to entertainment ratio, I'd say just skip it.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Laura D
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best Luau on Maui”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been to many many luaus in my life and this one is terrific! The food is yummy plentiful and so many options--buffet style all you can eat. It is all you can drink too. The entertainment is fantastic. No where in the islands or anywhere else that I can think of does a show have FIVE fire/knife dancers! Spectacular!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Shirley E
Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Luau on Maui”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Wailele was great because of the fire dancers...they made it an experience to remember. The dinner was a buffet and it was good, our only complaint was that our waiter never mentioned the dessert table so by the time we asked about dessert there was none left. This disappointed our children a lot! (And for the $400 plus spent on 4 tickets it would have been nice if they could of found something small for them from the hotel kitchen) The show is well done though.

3 Thank krisalta