“Entertaining & good food, but not $260 good”

Wailele Polynesian Luau
Ranked #9 of 17 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: At Wailele Polynesian Luau dinner show, guests will embark on an exciting journey to the Polynesian Islands where dance was considered not just as a form of entertainment, but as a means of telling stories. Recognized for providing an award-winning experience, the luau is held oceanfront at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa and features dances and songs from old and modern Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand (Maori), Tonga and Samoa. Highlights include the story of Pele (Goddess of Fire), Hi'ilave Hula Awana dedicated to Wailele (meaning waterfalls) and Maui's most extreme fire knife dance finale called "Siva Afi". The unforgettable evening of fun, culture and entertainment is complemented by a traditional dinner served buffer style and selection of beverages.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The one thing I wanted to do for my first visit to Hawaii was go to a Luau, so I was willing to shell out the $260 for premium seating for my husband and I. Yes, it was entertaining and fun, and the food was quite good for a buffet, and the highlight was definitely the fire dancing! With the premium seating we were seated right in the front and had an amazing view. However, all that being said, it did not live up to my $260 expectations. If you have money to burn and go expecting to pay more than the show is worth, then you'll have a good time. But if you're tight with money and expect an equal dollar to entertainment ratio, I'd say just skip it.

2  Thank Laura D
"entertaining evening"
"fresh flower lei"
"second row"

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been to many many luaus in my life and this one is terrific! The food is yummy plentiful and so many options--buffet style all you can eat. It is all you can drink too. The entertainment is fantastic. No where in the islands or anywhere else that I can think of does a show have FIVE fire/knife dancers! Spectacular!

1  Thank Shirley E
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Wailele was great because of the fire dancers...they made it an experience to remember. The dinner was a buffet and it was good, our only complaint was that our waiter never mentioned the dessert table so by the time we asked about dessert there was none left. This disappointed our children a lot! (And for the $400 plus spent on 4 tickets it would have been nice if they could of found something small for them from the hotel kitchen) The show is well done though.

3  Thank krisalta
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is the luau we attended while in Hawaii, however we loved every minute of it. We purchased premium seats (in my opinion, it was totally worth it as we were at a table in the front row right in front of the stage, so didn't have to look around anyone to see everything) and so were able to skip the long line to get into the luau (regular seats are on a first come first serve basis). Once inside, we were promptly offered a drink and then we wandered through the various vendors that were onsite selling crafts, leis, etc. Once the luau officially began, the drink service expanded to include many more options (unlike other reviewers, we thought the drinks were plentiful and had no problem with the service ... I started to walk up to the bar to get my own drink after the buffet line since I was right there and my server intercepted me and said she would get whatever I needed). The food was very good - nothing over the top fancy but still quite delicious. The show was entertaining from beginning to end. The dancers all stayed around afterwards for pictures with the guests which was a great touch. While I have nothing to compare this luau to, I would say this was well worth our money.

3  Thank MrsMoose56