“Wonderful beach front condo...”
Review of Maui Kai

Maui Kai
San Diego, California
“Wonderful beach front condo...”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband & I decided to do a last minute vacation to Maui. After some research we booked our condo through "Maui Kai 806 owners, Art & Sophie Nickel". They were able to get us in a top floor junior suite at a great price. The view, location and accomodations were absolutely amazing. We snorkeled off the beach in front of the condo, walked daily on the beach front walk. We stocked our kitchen at the conveniently located stores across the street. Art & Sophie were great, making sure that we would be well taken care of. We will definitely be coming back to the Maui Kai.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bpilot
mauikai806, Owner at Maui Kai, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad Sophie and I were able to get you a reservation last minute and you were able to enjoy the amazing views and benefit from our great Maui Kai beach location. Let Sophie or I know when you are ready for a return visit and we'll get you booked and organized for your next stay!
Art and Sophie Nickel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed in 301 a few years ago. It wasn't available for our weekend so we chose 901. All the 01's have a west balcony and south window.

This unit...

Pros:
Great view
Good bed
Well equipped kitchen
Nice tv
Almost full kirkland vodka in cupboard :)

Cons:
No HD cable
Strange tile like painted rock
Ceiling in bathroom very low
No dvds

There are beach chairs so you don't need to rent any. Wish I would have known.

Seriously it bothered me that the tv was a high end 3d tv but the cable signal was old school non digital. Seriously stunk for watching sports or anything but dvds but I'm spoiled.

The bedroom window has a great breeze but it doesnt stay open so I mcgivered it with long kitchen tongs to prop it up.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank pmannaz
Chicago
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We visited the week of Memorial Day. We rented through Donna Bender and the room was just as described. Our room on the 8th floor had everything you could ask for. The kitchen was well stocked, everything was clean and the bed comfortable. Probably the best part of the room is the ocean view. It was such a delight to look out across the ocean each day. You can't find a place with a better view. We hope to be back again before too long and will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yeages5
DonnaBender, Owner at Maui Kai, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
It was my pleasure helping you book your stay! I'm glad you appreciated the kitchen - all kitchens are fully equipped with a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave, blender, coffee maker, plates, dishes, glasses, and eating and cooking utensils. And the daily maid service keeps the rooms sparkly clean. You're right, the view can't be beat! Maui Kai looks forward to your return - let me know when you're ready and I'll be happy to help you again. Mahalo nui loa, Donna Bender (Maui Kai 807)
Gibsons, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Excellent accomodation, close to everything, nice pool, very quiet most of the time, friendly staff, very clean, it was everything Art and Sophie said it was and more, beautiful sunsets from the lanai, the sound of the ocean every night , and reasonably priced for Maui, thanks again Art&Sophie from 806, we will be back!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
mauikai806, Owner at Maui Kai, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thanks for all the compliments... I'm glad Sophie and I were able to help coordinate your stay. Sounds like you really enjoyed your visit and the unique ocean front experience the Maui Kai offers. Let us know when you are ready for a return trip and we'll help you capture your next Kai experience!

PS - Kai means Ocean in Hawaiian
Delhi

booked Maui Kai 806 through owners Art and Sophie Nickel

We had a fabulous stay at this beautiful condo.

We lived in 5 different hotels /condos during our 3 island trip in Hawaii. I have to say that each place we stayed at, had its own charm; but this condo was unique in two respects: (1) the sound of waves that you can hear while you sit and read a book, have a cup of tea or play a game with your family makes it really charming and unique. For me, the constant sound of waves created space for self-reflection. Each one of us loved this amazing experience in our own and also in a collective way. (2) Owner's love for this place shows in every detail in the house. And that makes it a home away from home for all. What I loved the most? The use of mirrors in the living room. Very intelligently done! Facing the ocean, one could see the reflection of mountains in the mirror; and while facing the mountains, you could see the reflection of the ocean :) loved the genius!

The apartment is a lovely walk along the beach to very interesting 'Whaler's Village'.

Owners Art and Sophie Nickel are warm people and unbelievably good with tips to make your trip more enjoyable. They sent us these tips before our trip and that helped us plan better.

Many thanks Art and Sophie for opening your beautiful home to travelers! And we seriously do hope to come there again and live in the same apartment!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VGMDelhi
mauikai806, Owner at Maui Kai, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Aloha and thanks for sharing your family's experience. I know you had come a great distance and and how important this trip was, so I'm glad Sophie and I were able to help coordinate your stay. Let us know when you are ready for a return journey and Sophie and I will work on organizing another ocean front experience for you.
San Francisco
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Donna Bender, an owner at Maui Kai, helped us book a studio unit there. I was traveling with my wife and we had a terrific time. The location is great, the beaches nearby are the best I've been to and the property itself was very convenient and functional. We had amazing views from the Lanai. I'd definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We spent a fantastic week enjoying our front row seats watching whales from the lanai of our comfortable condo in Lahaina. We thought being up off the ground floor would be a problem but turned out to be just perfect. Proximity to a beach is good and sands are available all over the island. Booking was a bit last minute so the assistance of the Maui Kai 806 owners Art and Sophie Nickel worked out excellent. Thanks. Looking forward to going again.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean, this makes it easy - you won't get a bad location.