Our garden-view studio, E-107 at the top of the Eldorado's hillside, was spacious, clean and attractively furnished in typical Outrigger tropical decor, with a pleasing view of one of the resort's three pools only a dozen steps from our shady lanai. The queen bed was extremely comfy with a quality mattress, though we found the heavy foam rubber pillows pure torture. Thankfully, the sofa was the real deal, not the studio couch found in smaller units at some Outrigger resorts.
The bright galley kitchen had an updated range, microwave, fridge and dishwasher, but wasn't equipped for real meal prep -- e.g., no toaster, decent knife, or salt and pepper shaker. The bathroom was, frankly, shabby and depressing: beat-up fixtures with the finish worn off, dim lighting in the toilet/tub area, no attempt at decor, and a cheap hollow-core door that literally looked gnawed off at the bottom. We weren't expecting granite and travertine, but all this was worse than many Motel 6's, though it was certainly roomier. What is Outrigger thinking??
As noted by other reviewers, the Eldorado's beach clubhouse is a definite plus, offering free chaises, sand chairs, and towels, a fridge and microwave and soft drink machine. The sandy beach is quieter than the Sheraton side of Black Rock, though its steeper slope and stronger surf call for a bit more caution with younger kids.
The pool by our unit had ample chaises and was never crowded. Everyone around it agreed it was just too cold to linger in, but great for a quick dip or sunning.
All told, we feel that for most guests the resort is a good value in pricey Kaanapali. Its hilly layout and distance from the beach and parking lot made it much more problematic for us, as I'm disabled (though not in a wheelchair). We had asked Outrigger about this when we booked and been assured that the golf cart shuttle would be available whenever needed. However, there was almost always a long wait for it, so we usually just gave up and walked -- slowly and with some difficulty when schlepping beach gear. For most guests this would not be a problem. For us, the difficulty really detracted from our enjoyment and so leaves us less likely to return to the Eldorado.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the fairways at Kaanapali Beach Resort, Outrigger® Maui EldoradoSM situates you in easy walking distance to beach activities, championship Royal Kaanapali Golf Course, and Whaler’s Village shops, restaurants and nightlife. These low-rise Maui condo rentals are well regarded among vacationers for roomy comfort with 1-bedroom suites up to 1,200 square feet! The relaxed garden setting is informal and inviting. The house golf cart shuttles guests to the exclusive beach cabana at north Kaanapali Beach. And enjoy more of west Maui exploring art galleries and souvenir shops in historic Lahaina Town, and discovering outdoor adventure at Kapalua Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maui Eldorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Hotel Maui Eldorado
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Maui Eldorado Lahaina
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Maui El Dorado
- Maui Eldorado Lahaina